I have been running a home health care agency for the last ten years and am looking to diversify and become involved in a social cause therefore looking to become involved with a social justice organization and or non profit organization. My experience working with patients and their families including hiring care givers on a constant basis has given me an edge to manage effectively and multi task.
i would like to bring this experience and expertise to another opportunity.
Prior to the home health care agency i was working for 5 years at a student consolidation company where my duties was to manage the office and counsel students who would call in and help them pay off their debts effectively.
My undergraduate degree is in Psychology i feel helps me to understand work with groups of people very well.
Sep 2018 - Sep 2018
Managed the west LA branch of a home health care agency . worked with patients and in understanding their needs along with families. hiring care givers and scheduling and daily operation and processes in managing daily visits . managed 63 accounts . currently working with a staff of 43 care givers that have been personally hired by me and most of them have stayed with me for the last 8-10 years.
Problem solving implementing measures creating a balance
- Participated in various conventions and health care fares to facilitate the business.
- Developed and implemented the various business development policies to attract number to the facility.
- Evaluated the personnel and the equipment in the facility to recommend any changes, maintained the auxiliary facilities.
- Oversaw the budget and the accounting system of the facility’s branch.
- Helped the staff in development and promoted the growth of the facility
Sep 2002 - Sep 2007
- Receive and enter borrower account data from client schools • Verified accuracy of data with Department of Education resources • Place outbound calls, send letters, and emails to contact delinquent borrowers and advise them of their repayment responsibility and options • Receive phone calls from students, answering their questions regarding their loans and repayment options • Counsel borrowers regarding the requirements for deferment, forbearance, rehabilitation and consolidation options • Obtain completed deferment and forbearance forms from borrowers and submit to appropriate services• Follow approved scripts and use approved letters in student contact activities to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements • Act as liaison between student borrower and loan service to obtain verbal forbearances and to update borrower information • Send monthly reports of performed activities and calculated default rates to client schools • Cooperate with quality assurance in all review and process refinement activities • Complete other duties, as assigned
undergraduate in Psychology
Sep 1980 - Sep 1984
university of New delhi/hunters college NY