Mar 2012 - Jun 2018
- General Management and Lead Operating Officer: Worked one on one with board members to advocate the interests of each portfolio and to develop annual board goals, objectives and strategy congruent with the organizational vision and current resources.
- Staff and Volunteer Supervision/Oversight: Direct supervision of 9-11 staff members and up to 165 volunteers including accounting department, administration, security and maintenance staff.
- Corporate Budget Process: Lead budget committee in creating proposed and final annual budget of $1.8 million. The budgets reflect tradeoffs between present urgent realities and future goals. Working upwards from the goals and objectives of the 19 committees and downwards with the vision and goals of executive leadership, a practical balance is achieved. Achievements: Managed year end budgets (2015, 2016, 2017) to have positive balance for first time in recent history of organization.
- Development Planning: Guided the leaders in creating and implementing the annual $600,000 development (fundraising) plan, almost a third of the total annual budget. Follows executive prioritization of corporate vision elements and goals. This plan included subordinate plans for raising funds, generating publicity for the development plan and recruiting and guiding volunteers to execute the development plan.
- Facilities Management: Day to day management of 60,450 sq. ft. facility including a preschool and commercial kitchen. Role includes oversight of daily calendar and room scheduling, all insurance matters, private event rentals, emergency procedures and coordination of all repair and maintenance needs. Achievements: Passed all inspections despite kitchen use by multiple caterers. Supervised obtaining and installation of new carpet, flooring, sound equipment, painting and restroom remodeling.
- Community Engagement, Membership Retention and Recruitment: Worked with membership committee and staff, expanded and intensified active listening to the needs and wants of current and prospective new members. Created process for communal follow up of potential and new members including connecting them to programs of interest and key leaders. Achievements: Membership increased 22 percent in 5 years.
- Volunteer Management: Worked with board members to develop long term strategic plans for volunteer engagement to Increase volunteerism and grow lay committees.
- Security Management & Grant Implementation: Manages daily physical security of synagogue building and grounds. Created and implemented and regularly updating security processes based on current climate of the community. Achievements: Wrote and received two grant proposal (2012 & 2017) to the Department of Homeland Security. In 2012 winning $75,000 to purchase and implement new emergency camera system and 18 new security doors in the facility. In 2017 winning $75,000 to an implement purchase of fencing, access control and alarm system.
- Technology Management: Achievements: With volunteer and off-site technical support, led the transition from paper to electronic business. Implemented a new phone system, new internet, new software database, new website, updated computers, and new online streaming capabilities along with training and supplemental procedures documents.
MBA, Nonprofit Management
Aug 2009 - Sep 2011
American Jewish University
BA International Relations
Aug 2000 - May 2003