My name is Kelsi Burgess, and I have recently relocated to Los Angeles, California. I am reaching out to Deep Sweep in hopes that you can assist me in my current job search efforts. Working for a non-profit has always been my passion. As stated in my resume, my objective is to work with a company that will allow me to utilize my personal and educational experience in a position that will help make a difference in the lives of other.
May 2017 - Jul 2019
St. Joseph's Health Foundation
- Manage incoming monetary donations for the St. Joseph’s Health System Foundation.
- Input data into the fundraising system known as Raiser’s Edge, so that gifts can be tracked, processed and posted to the general ledger.
- Assist with compiling donor and prospect information so that all data remains up to date and accurate.
- Attend and assist with the foundations four main events as well as small cultivation events where interaction with donors and prospective donors is pertinent.
- Create donor acknowledgment letters to be sent out daily.
- Help generate reports based on the information housed in Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for sending out invoices for unpaid pledges.
- Maintain and update the interactive Donor Wall located in the hospital’s main lobby.
- Work closely with the accounting department to ensure that the foundation’s monthly and yearly financials are accurate.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Dec 2016 - Apr 2017
- Worked closely with the human resource department and formulated and maintained expense reports for the company.
- Managed travel arrangements for key employees.
- Accomplishments: In the short time at Yerra, I created and maintained an efficient filing system for office documents.
Sep 2015 - May 2016
Ruffalo Noel Levitz
- Contacted prospective Temple University students to discuss their admission status.
- Guided undergraduate students with their application process and provided them with information about the University.
- Assisted with all inquiries and questions regarding the University’s educational services and courses offered.
- Organized correspondence for follow up with prospective students.
Internship/ Administrative Assistant
Jun 2015 - Aug 2015
Passaic County CASA for Children
- Attended court with Advocate and Case Managers to observe cases.
- Reviewed and filled classified case documents.
- Managed incoming calls.
- Conducted inventory of gift donations.
- Reviewed case statistics and created PowerPoint presentations that included up to date yearly statistical information.
- Assisted with fundraising events and volunteer training.
- Solicited donations for upcoming fundraising events from surrounding businesses and neighboring communities.
- Updated data with volunteer information so that the organization can receive correct funding.
Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice
Aug 2013 - May 2016
Aug 2012 -