With extensive experience directing comprehensive internal planning, analysis and program reporting for established non-profits, my talents will immediately benefit your office. I have been working in the development sector, specializing in monitoring and evaluation and implementation of market for poor (M4P), for 7 years. Within this time, I have monitored and implemented M4P projects in challenging environments with strong technical oversight. Currently I am managing a three-member team project titled Making Market Work for the Jamuna, Padma and Teesta Chars (M4C) as MRM Manager. Before that, I have contributed to the successful achievement of Action Research on Energy Efficiency (AREE) aim, which is to facilitate market uptake of an improved rice parboiling technology in the SME rice mill sector in Bangladesh, and to assess the scope and develop a strategy for scaling up AREE’s interventions within a larger project in the SME rice mill sector beyond 2018.
The following qualifications demonstrate my ability to excel in this position:
- Support Team leader in designing projects MRM systems and procedures
- Lead design of appropriate MRM tools and processes to capture impact of project’s intervention; ensure proper analysis and subsequent use of field data for project steering
- Promoting the market uptake of energy efficient, safe and environmentally sound parboiling systems in the SME rice mill sector.
- Assisting in drafting training manuals, creating tools to convince target group to adopt energy efficient ways, organizing practical on-the-job trainings for local service providers to provide more energy efficient technologies
- Supporting the team to carry out sector analysis to design a pilot intervention focusing on two key areas- awareness raising and capacity building to promote.
- Overseeing several action research projects, carrying out the action researches through rigorous sector analysis with systemic constraints, sector strategy development, identification of key private/public actors, and negotiation with partners and finally come up with feasible intervention plan.
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven atmospheres while providing top-level interpersonal skills and maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Establishing solid and trusting relationships through exceptional communication skills; utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to realize first-rate results.
With my experience in driving all aspects of monitoring and evaluation, coupled with my commitment to achieving and evaluating highly accurate and informative results, I can swiftly surpass expectations. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.
Monitoring and Result Management (MRM) Manager
Sep 2018 - Jul 2019
- Lead the MRM team of 3 and help design DCED standard aligned M&E system.
- Carry out MRM studies and special studies (Political economy study, vulnerability study, environmental impact assessment study, and Women Economic Empowerment study) to assess impact of the project and use the findings for project steering.
- Support Team Leader to ensure appropriate design, implementation of project activities and assisted Portfolio manager in project level aggregation.
- Support Knowledge Management manager with preparation of relevant communication materials for national and international stakeholders.
Senior Research Analyst
Apr 2017 - Sep 2018
Action Research on Energy Efficiency (AREE), Swisscontact
- Utilized critical thinking skills to gain perspective in analyzing the rice mill sector; considering the demands of growers, mills and consumers in developing new varieties.
- Supported in designing and implementing pilot interventions for the market uptake of energy-efficient rice parboiling system.
- Generated interest among the rice millers to uptake energy-efficient parboiling system.
- Successfully handed over the findings of the study to Govt. Institute (SREDA) who will continue work on rice parboiling sector
Business Consultant, Monitoring and Result Management Team
Oct 2015 - Mar 2017
Agri-business for Trade Competitiveness Project (ATC-P) Katalyst
- Served as MRM focal for Local Agribusiness Network (LAN) and WEE (Women Economic Empowerment) interventions.
- Developed and maintained MRM documents such as intervention plan, result chain, intervention report etc.
- Played the Lead role in Value for Money (VFM) exercise.
- Undertook numerous Impact Assessments on Local Agribusiness Network (LAN) and WEE (Women Economic Empowerment).
- Faced DCED Audit in 2016 and scored 94%.
Dec 2014 - Sep 2015
Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
- Organized round table discussion on “Enabling Business Environment in Bangladesh through Companies Act”.
- Organized several student network meetings to sensitive about the risks of radicalization. Assisted in Writing final report and annual report.
- Worked with the project “Conflict Prevention through De-radicalization of Youth” and “Towards Developing a Better Counter Terrorism”.
Senior Sector Specialist
Nov 2012 - Nov 2014
BRAC WASH Programme
- Carried out the Safe Distance Information Dissemination activity in order to ensure safe distance between drinking water source and latrine.
- Participated in the AG WATSAN Research with RED to assess the effect of sanitation, water and irrigation practices on health.
- Adopted the Life Cycle Cost Approach in order to estimate the cost (capital cost, maintenance cost and operational cost) of a latrine over a period of time.
- Utilized the Sensemaker Approach to monitor behavior change and functionality of Village Wash Committees in BRAC WASH.
- Oversaw the development and design of mobile money for WASH activities.
May 2012 - Oct 2012
Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
- Organize workshop titled “Improving Trade Flows in and out of South Asia”
- Assisted in preparing the final reports in seminars
- Assisted in writing a paper on “Private Sector Development”
Bachelors of Science in Economics
Jun 2008 - Jul 2012
Virginia Polytechnic Institute of Technology