Oct 02, 2019
Promesa’s mission is to improve conditions in Boyle Heights at the individual, school, and systems level by building a movement of partner organizations, students, and families collaborating to close the opportunity gap and strengthen supports for students from cradle through college and career.
Promesa Boyle Heights is a passionate collaborative of residents, youth, schools, local organizations and public/private institutions working together to realize a vision where: 1) Every individual has access to a range of supports in the home, in our schools, and in the community to foster school and life success; 2) Organizations are collaborating and closing the opportunity gap amongst the most marginalized and underserved populations in our community, and; 3) A powerful, resident-led collaborative is winning system-level policy changes that create a safer, healthier, and more stable Boyle Heights.
Promesa Boyle Heights (BH) is seeking a mission-driven leader who is passionate and committed to social, racial, and educational justice. The Director of Impact & Continuous Improvement will lead data-driven strategic learning for the multi-partner Collective Impact collaborative, Promesa Boyle Heights (Promesa), and is a high-level leader responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement to inform strategic decision-making through ongoing performance measurement and evaluation. The Director of Impact will strengthen evaluation infrastructure, processes and capacity-building efforts across initiatives, staff and partner organizations to impact community-level outcomes. The Director of Impact will build a data team to guide and support continuous improvement efforts and enable data access, data analysis, and data utilization for the Collective Impact collaborative.
As a rapidly growing Collective Impact collaborative, the Director of Impact position will be key for sustaining and growing our movement. The Promesa collaborative consists of 15+ staff, 24+ partners, 3 schools, and 40+ resident leaders. The Director of Impact will report directly to the Promesa Managing Director, and will work closely with and is also accountable to the Promesa General Assembly, Steering Committee and partner schools, and Proyecto leadership.
The Director of Impact must be committed to Promesa’s community mission, vision and overarching goals to facilitate the collective success by leading on the following:
· Oversee the collection, analysis, and clear dissemination of data to support Promesa’s collective efforts to improve student and community-level outcomes;
· Provide leadership around the development of shared measures and a shared measurement system, including related data infrastructure, that will track common outcomes and indicators across the collaborative and use results to inform learning and continuous improvement;
· Develop continuous improvement methods and tools to support community-wide Solutions Teams that collectively adopt, track and report progress on the measures to guide collaborative action;
· Build and champion a culture of continuous improvement at all levels across the organization to successfully adopt practices and norms that support and sustain data-informed organizational learning;
· Coach and provide technical assistance to Promesa staff, partners, and Solutions Teams around data, evaluation, and continuous improvement;
· Oversee capacity-building efforts to strengthen Promesa’s use of data and evaluation across initiatives;
· Design and maintain a knowledge management system to ensure learnings are shared and used across Promesa;
· Oversee the sharing of findings across stakeholders to consistently feedback the impact that Promesa is having in Boyle Heights
· Recruit, train and manage Promesa’s Data Team including a Data Analyst and three Data Fellows, as well as oversee the Promesa Data Advisory Council, and other ad-hoc data/evaluation-related work groups, and coordinate with consultants to support the work.
· Provide visionary, adaptive leadership, modeling Promesa guiding values at all times and fostering a culture that reflects them
· Build relationships with and facilitate open communication with the Promesa stakeholders which include: Steering Committee, General Assembly, Comité de Líderes (resident leaders), Promesa staff members, and Proyecto Pastoral leadership;
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical role in supporting school and community transformation in Boyle Heights. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
· 5+ years of relevant experience managing or overseeing evaluation or performance measurement projects
· An advanced degree in social science or related field that includes background in evaluation and outcome measurement;
· At least 2 years managing teams in a fast-paced and high-growth environment preferably in a nonprofit or social services/enterprise field;
· Possess strong evaluation design and data analysis skills, and utilizes “right-fit” methods for a broad range of quantitative and qualitative approaches;
· Ability to use impact data to communicate a compelling and meaningful story about Promesa’s work;
· Able to synthesize and present complex data in a simple and meaningful way;
· Demonstrated ability to design and modify program logic models, theory of change models, or similar planning documentation;
· Leadership presence to inspire confidence and passion in both internal and external audiences;
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build authentic relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including Spanish-speaking resident adult and youth leaders; and
· Ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment; willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work.
· Familiarity with Boyle Heights, residents and/or education, social justice & community transformation
· Experience leading or participating in a community based initiative, collaborative, collective impact or coalition.
· Spanish-speaking ability strongly preferred.
Full-time, exempt with excellent benefit package, which includes health, dental, vision, vacation, sick days, holidays and 401k plan.
$75,000 - $85,000 DOE
How To Apply
To Apply: The Search Committee is soliciting applications immediately. Applications (with current resume, letter of interest, and at least 3 references) should be sent electronically, ideally before August 28, 2019 to: email@example.com with the subject line: Promesa Director of Impact Application .
Proyecto Pastoral is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Women, LGBTQIA and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Senior Management - Director