Jul 30, 2019
As the Director, Partnership Development, you’ll ensure that students across ANet’s West Region receive great instruction by growing a community of school partners, funders, and other champions of our work. You’ll hit ambitious growth targets that increase ANet’s impact by working closely with the Vice President, West Region to prioritize schools and systems for cultivation, build relationships over time, ultimately secure partnerships, and seamlessly transition partners to local teams for strong service.
The Director, Partnership Development presents an exciting opportunity to grow the community of ANet partners, including schools, districts, CMOs, and other stakeholders, in order to increase the organization’s reach and impact across California and Nevada. Working closely with the Vice President, West Region, this person will lead ANet’s growth efforts across the region by prioritizing schools and systems for cultivation, building relationships with these schools and systems over time, securing contracts for partnerships, and ultimately, transitioning these partners to network teams for strong service. This person will also help build a community of funders and other supporters engaged in ANet’s work with partners.
The ideal candidate brings existing relationships and an understanding of the education landscape in California and/or Nevada. Over time, this person will extend and deepen this knowledge and develop relationships across the region. They will be excited to leverage knowledge and relationships, as well as ANet’s resources, to diagnose the needs of potential partners and match these needs with the right combination of ANet’s product and service offerings to maximize impact and sustainability. This critical work will ensure our partners receive the support they need to improve school leadership, instruction, and student learning.
This position requires approximately 50% travel, depending on where you live, as this person will support partnership development across ANet’s West Region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A successful Director, Partnership Development will:
Ensure the region sustains at least 80% earned revenue coverage.
Work closely with regional team to analyze market, set new partnership targets and execute strategic plan toward those goals
To achieve the above outcomes, you will:
Develop and implement strategic plans for regional expansion in partnership with Vice President, West Region
● In partnership with VP and with input from Executive Directors, revise and shape region’s multi-year strategic plan based on market changes and current information about potential partnerships
● Lead sales efforts aligned to region’s multi-year strategic plan by cultivating relationships with prioritized system and school leaders and acting as a trusted advisor and thought leader who can match our services and products to partner needs
● On an ongoing basis, know and track the “market” throughout the region - identifying schools, districts, and CMOS to prioritize based on key success factors and partnership fit aligned to regional and network vision for growing our impact
Build, use, and apply expertise and listening skills to effectively cultivate partners and champions
● Leverage an existing or developed network of relationships to secure and mobilize introductions and referrals to prioritized potential partners and education leaders
● Build positive word-of-mouth buzz through relationships, marketing, and other strategies so that ANet’s reputation precedes and follows you
● Understand the general and specific drivers of success for a system and system leaders and how these drivers impact vision, priorities, budgets, and academic strategy
● Listen keenly in order to interpret, influence, and advise system and school leaders as they consider the need for a partnership with ANet
● Demonstrate expertise in ANet's products, services, pricing, and position in the market in order to clearly communicate ANet’s value proposition and influence decision-making at the system and school levels
Lead growth operations and process management, independently and in some cases alongside your VP
● Operate with expert status in ANet sales processes in order to navigate and activate supports and resources across the organization
● Capture critical data and steward the process for progress monitoring, contracting, and procurement while matching partner needs to ANet service and product offerings
● Ensure that proposals are developed in a way that sets up other ANet teams for successful execution of excellent service to our partners
● Work with the Growth & Partnerships Team and the System Advising Team to ensure that engagement of potential partners is coordinated across all teams’ efforts
● Participate in ANet’s Growth & Cultivation professional learning community to build skill, refine practice, and collaborate with others
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
● Partnership development: You bring prior experience building partnerships with others in order to advance the mission of an organization and/or drive sales where you’ve had to quickly demonstrate credibility and expertise with potential partners. You have a track record of using your expertise to listen keenly to underlying needs, provide unique insights and value to decision-makers, and design and implement solutions for partners that work within their context.
● Relationships: You excel at relationship-building. You nework, build connections, and can navigate your way to and then effectively build rapport with key decision-makers.
● Presence: You know yourself and operate in alignment with your personal style when interacting with potential partners, and you orient towards optimism about what’s possible through working together, command some level of gravitas, and are willing to balance listening with proactively asserting recommendations.
● Strategic thinker and operator: You are self-organized and can project manage and operate interdependently across internal teams. You strategically plan and prioritize your time aligned to highest-impact moves to successfully cultivate partners at each stage on their customer journey.
● Learner: You like learning new things, teaming up with others, are willing to collaborate, learn on the job, and actively contribute to a professional learning community.
● Mission- and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● Deep understanding of, and network within, the education space in California or Nevada
● Prior experience as a principal, district leader, and/or working as a consultant within the K-12 education space
● A track record of effectively working alongside leaders of systems and schools to build relationships and partnerships
● Prior experience supporting business and/or partnership development within an education organization
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Senior Management - Director