Chrysalis is hiring for a Senior Operations Manager! This position manages a team of staff and oversees the customer relationships of one-third of our Works contracts. With half of their time spent at the contract site, this position conducts quality assurance and ensures operational efficiency. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to delivering our programmatic initiatives and energized by a consistently changing and fast-paced environment.
The Senior Operations Manager for the Chrysalis Enterprises Works Program is responsible for day-to-day operations of a $9+M social enterprise and largest professional Business Improvement District (BID) street maintenance business in Southern California. This position is both an operations role (representing Chrysalis at customer meetings, managing office and contract-level staff, coordinating contract needs, etc.) and a programmatic role (providing on-the-job feedback, mentoring Works Supervisors and client workers, developing professional training, etc.). This position works closely with staff in all departments of Chrysalis, especially Client Services (e.g., client case managers).
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Account Management and Customer Service
- Serve as the face of Chrysalis Enterprises for our customers, district business owners, and other stakeholders by delivering consistently high levels of customer service.
- Proactively identify service issues in each district before the customer brings it to the organization’s attention.
- Develop customer billing rates and budgets in line with departmental objectives and business needs.
- Maintain records of executed contracts and ensure customers are billed accurately
- Provide support in preparing service proposals for new contracts and businesses.
- Oversee the operations of our maintenance contracts to ensure that we meet or exceed all contractual obligations.
- Manage a variety of Chrysalis Enterprises office staff and contract-level Supervisors.
- Evaluate and identify areas for improvement in operational processes and assist staff in executing the necessary procedural adjustments for optimal efficiency.
- Ensure the safety of all workers and that work is performed in compliance with OSHA and best practice standards.
- Identify leadership potential and assist in developing training to build and maintain a pool of lead workers.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures within Works that are consistent with established CE standards.
Client Support and Guidance
- Use discretion to consistently apply HR policies and guidelines.
- Oversee the training process for Works transitional clients.
- Work closely with Works contract-level Supervisors to provide appropriate, timely and meaningful feedback, advice and mentorship to client workers.
- Document all client conversations and communicate any concerns regarding performance/personal struggles immediately to respective Client Services and to HR staff.
- Balance the business needs of the social enterprise with the service needs of the clients.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis Enterprises policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Act as a liaison between Chrysalis Enterprises and other Chrysalis departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years in program delivery, administrative duties, and/or customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude and takes initiative.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Must be able to relate to and work well with teammates, customers and Chrysalis’ client population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best and compliant employment practices.
- Willingness to be on call 24/7, depending on business needs.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple (often unrelated) projects.
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Internet research, Microsoft Office programs and be willing to learn other applications as needed.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.