The Database Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the operational systems of the Development and Communications department as well as proactively identifying and implementing creative and thoughtful strategies to support the fundraising and communications functions across the department and the organization. The position is responsible for the management of critical donor data contained in Raiser’s Edge (RE) and is responsible for setting and managing RE policies, site maintenance, data integrity, staff training, and the development and management of new and ongoing operational protocol(s). This position also manages daily gift processing, data entry, and other administrative functions. Additionally, this position serves as the primary conduit to the accounting department for monthly reconciliations. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Development Team, providing timely and efficient support necessary to ensure donor relations needs are met.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Raiser’s Edge donor database – manage and keep data clean and updated by following set data entry protocols, expanding notes, removing duplicate records, tracking individual relationships, and running queries and exports. Develop and implement data entry standards, procedures, and best practice guidelines and ensure adherence to these standards throughout the department
- Database cleanup – perform regularly calendared audits and cleanup projects to maintain database consistency and integrity
- Monthly status reports and recommendations – design and implement database queries and data exports to analyze giving trends and outcomes for departmental use; work with the Manager of Major Gifts to develop monthly status reports and recommendations
- Mailing lists – prepare and manage all mailing and emailing lists from Raiser’s Edge, using historical data analysis to make recommendations for the target audience and giving strings
- Major gifts support – assist with donor stewardship programs, including prospect research, data analysis to determine the effectiveness of focused efforts, and special correspondence with active prospects
- Donor correspondence – prepare and write key donor correspondence, including acknowledgment letters
- Appeal processing and special gift promotions – manage appeal processing and special gift promotions; oversee specialty donor mailings and honorarium gifts
- Attend training and seminars to keep skills current – analyze current practices and procedures and implement process improvement where necessary
- Manage donation process – oversee daily gift entry into the database, the transmittal of payments and payment information to accounting, and processing of acknowledgment letters; track invoice pledges and other special gifts
- Oversee the weekly, monthly, and year-end gift reconciliation with Finance
- Provide key support for fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the organizational mission and sensitivity to the needs of low-income and disenfranchised populations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years previous development, administrative, and/or service experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Professional attitude; team player; able to collaborate to set and meet team goals and deadlines
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
- Valid California Driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Strong data analysis, organizational, communication, administrative, and computer skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure without losing productivity or attention to detail
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.