College Success Manager Opportunity
- The College Success Manager will lead a high performing team to drive and improve college completion rates for KIPP LA alumni. This individual will continuously refine and execute our strategy to support college students on their path to graduation. This role owns the college transition strategy and oversees career-related efforts. The College Success Manager will supervise college success counselors on the KTC team, be a member of the KTC Leadership Team and will report to the Managing Director of KIPP Through College.
- The ideal candidate for this position is student-focused and has a background in college persistence and managing adults. This individual must possess excellent strategic planning, project management, communication and data analysis skills. S/he must have a demonstrated commitment to serve students from under-resourced communities. This individual must be adaptable, as this position will shift, expand and grow based on the needs of the organization.
- Lead and refine college success strategy including conducting regular data analyis and determining annual counselor caseloads.
- Determine and oversee execution of programs for college alumni including the college opportunity fund and identifying strategies to identify and assist students at risk of leaving college.
- Develop and lead college transition strategy in collaboration with college access lead.
- Lead college enrollment verification efforts on an ongoing basis
- Direct management of college success counselors including on-boarding, weekly 1:1 meetings with each team member and semi-annual performance reviews.
- Observe team members, provide professional development and coach college success counselors to ensure that work with alumni is high quality and goal driven and team members are being developed.
- Set, track, and consistently monitor short and long-term college success team and individual performance goals.
- Plan and lead college success team meetings.
- Stay abreast of current topics within the field of college persistence, and assist staff to understand and implement the most current information to support students toward college graduation.
- Maintain fidelity of database information by ensuring pertinent data is collected, entered and updated in the alumni database.
- Manage college success budget.
- Manage a caseload of college alumni and provide direct advising services.
- Serve as a member of the KTC Leadership Team and contribute to cross collaboration and alignment across the KTC team.
- Plan, lead and facilitate KTC team meetings and retreats.
- Assist with preparation of materials for board meetings and grants management as requested.
- May serve as a KTC representative at regional functions, business and board meetings.
College Success Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution is requiredAt least 3 years experience leading and managing a high performing team.
- Prior experience working with high school and/or college students, preferably in a low-income or high-needs population.
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities for first-generation college students.
- Knowledge of best practices for college retention including providing comprehensive support to students. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Commitment to data driven results and outcomes.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and a resourceful and collaborative working style.
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites across Southern California.
- Flexibility to work evening hours and weekends as necessary.
College Success Manager Perks
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer-paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.