The Accounts Payable Assistant will perform administrative tasks to support the Accounts Payable functions. The A/P Assistant must have the ability to follow structured protocols designed to enable consistency, reliability, and efficiency.
1. Accounts Payable
- Assist AP Specialists with weekly check run activity to prepare for signature and mailing.
- Match checks with invoices and supporting documentation
- Scan checks and invoices to save in electronic filing system per chapter
- Prepare Direct Bill applications upon request and submit to AP Manager for review/signature
- Prepare credit applications upon request and submit to AP Manager for review/signature
- Obtain W-9 forms from vendors and/or chapter throughout the year to comply with IRS and Society standard and update vendor account in Epicor Accounting system
- Maintain W-9 forms in secure electronic filing system
- Create new vendors in Epicor Accounting system
- Update vendor addresses in Epicor Accounting system
- Print employee expense reimbursement reports.
- Review email messages received through AP Inbox as requested.
- Respond to staff and/or vendor inquiries regarding payments.
- Assist with entering vouchers in Epicor accounting system as needed.
- Assist with other Society activities as assigned by the AP Manager
2. Volunteer Engagement
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)
- High School Diploma
- Degree preferably in Business Administration or Accounting
- Some college plus 1 year experience accounts payable experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience accounts payable experience
- Must possess time management skills for prioritization of tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, both oral and written skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office suite
- Epicor/Platinum (Preferred)
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support events.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.