The Grant Writer reports to the CEO. The secondary supervisor is the Director of Philanthropy. The Grant Writer develops and writes grant proposals to individuals, foundations, and corporations that successfully meet or exceed the fundraising goals and objectives of Walden Family Services.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify, research, cultivate and solicit grant opportunities under the direction of the CEO
- Recruit and utilize volunteer(s) to help conduct research
- Develop and write compelling and effective grant proposals to support Walden’s fund development goals for Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and LA Districts, for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects
- Track proposals and submit timely and accurate reports for all grant-funded projects
- Manage resource library of potential donors
- Write stewardship reports for donors
- Assist accounting department in the development of budgets for proposals
- Develop and nurture relationships with foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Utilize grant/donor tracking system (Raisers’ Edge) and Excel
- Attend funding opportunity meetings, RFP conferences, and community collaboration meetings and board meetings in Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles.
- Assist in fundraising events as needed
- Assist in follow up with potential donors
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated success in areas of research and writing of proposals to foundations, corporations, and government entities, with ability to leverage all contracts and grant awards
- Strong research, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, editing, prospect research and computer skills, including database management
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice, and a Child Abuse Index clearance.
- Must meet all requirements set by Community Care Licensing pertaining to the hiring of employees by a licensed community care facility.
Employee Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Benefits: Walden offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D, LTD insurance, flexible spending, supplemental life, EAP, health advocate, AFLAC and 401k. Walden also offers 17 paid holidays as well as sick and vacation time.