To help PETA supporters stay connected and engage with PETA's national and local campaigns by preparing and sending important emails
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- You'll be working with a team of people who, you guessed it from the job title, engage with PETA's supporters through email.
- You'll produce, route, and send email alerts for PETA using the email software Engaging Networks. This includes being responsible for upholding email marketing best practices and chasing down requesters to approve emails!
- You'll be particularly excited to see your efforts pay off by monitoring the email analytics, and you’ll professionally prepare and share these results with others in the organization.
- Because you want PETA to be as effective as possible, you'll run email tests and share these results.
- You’ll be collaborating with the rest of Marketing Engagement and helping to curate content for PETA’s Weekly E-News that is sent to over 2 million supporters around the world each week.
- You'll also perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, including helping out with action alerts and mobile marketing from time to time.
- To start things off, if you're not interested in online and email marketing, this is not the job for you.
- A college degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a must.
- Since you're our last line of defense against a bad link going out to more than a million people, extreme attention to detail is an absolute must. Double-check your résumé for typos now!
- Since you'll be spending most of your time living in Engaging Networks, you must have a demonstrated knack for understanding complex computer software and at least a basic knowledge of HTML.
- If you happen to have experience with Google Analytics and WordPress, that’s a big plus!
- To be the best we can be and help as many animals as we can, we need to always be coming up with new ways to reach supporters through tools and technology. You should be a fan of innovation and being on the cutting edge.
- The way we improve is by analyzing and sharing our results—you must have demonstrated analytical skills and a proven ability to communicate.
- Many people say that they "thrive under pressure," but this position has no shortage of tight deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
- If you know about PETA, you know that we always have A LOT going on at once! You must have the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work.
- You must support PETA's philosophy and have the ability to professionally advocate our positions on issues.
- Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living an animal-friendly lifestyle would be a part of this.