The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
As the Development Specialist, Walk MS you will support the implementation and successful execution of fundraising campaigns for local Walk MS events. In addition, you will provide support and coaching to individual participants, teams, and top fundraising clubs in order to achieve fundraising goals.
In this role you are an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and their donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service. In collaboration with the development team and organization you will foster participant engagement in order to drive revenue and participation.
Responsible for the recruitment, engagement, cultivation, and retention of Top Fundraisers, teams, and individual participants for assigned portfolio of Walk events.
- Support the implementation and execution of Walk MS operational plan by recruiting, cultivating, and fostering relationships with participants, teams, team captains, top fundraisers, and sponsors.
- Actively participate in committee meetings, recruitment, kick-off and recognition events
- Develop strong networks within the local community, cold call, and grow prospects for potential revenue and volunteer opportunities; increase Walk MS visibility and brand awareness.
- Maintains accurate records/ data to evaluate effectiveness and public awareness of events activities and results.
- Develop and implement events to recognize, reward, and motivate successful volunteers and fundraisers to ensure ongoing commitment and engagement.
- Adhere to the approved Walk MS budget for any and all purchase orders and check requests; monitors costs to ensure they are within budget
- Assist in the assessment of prizes and t-shirts for walkers, team captains and other ancillary efforts
- Maintains working knowledge of the Society's mission and programs to promote fundraising, research, and initiatives
- Other administrative duties may be assigned based on local staff structure and resources
- Will provide staff support to volunteer committees to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events.
- Strives to increase the number of Society volunteers by recruiting and recognizing talent
- Will engage volunteers by effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Business Development, Marketing, Non-Profit
- Six years of directly related business experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of related work experience in event planning, volunteer management, sales, marketing or fundraising is required.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ability to build productive relationships with participants, volunteers, donors, and colleagues
- Energetic, goal-setter with strong drive and initiative
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication
- Ability to motivate others to reach common goals
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Seeks out opportunities for continued professional development
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to extract and analyze data
- Social media savvy
- Knowledgeable in e-procurement process
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society