Location: Santa Monica, CA
Department: Business and Program Development
This position will report to the Associate Director, Business and Program Development, and work closely with colleagues in this department as well as the Salesforce administrator. Under the supervision of their manager, the Project Manager will provide support to the Development Department in planning, managing and executing major projects throughout the year including the flagship Global Conference event in Los Angeles and regional Summits.
The right candidate will provide the support and expertise to successfully shape, design and strategically think of all operational aspects of each given project. They will work proactively to understand the unique needs of the department, identifying interdependencies, determining appropriate actions and responsibilities, and holding each party accountable to deliver their tasks accurately and on schedule.
- Lead project meetings for the duration of the project from an operational perspective for the Development Department
- Develop and manage timelines for execution around Development Department project operations while partnering with Programming, Development, Event Operations and Marketing & Communications teams
- Coordinate internal resources across the Department (including colleagues in multiple different international time zones) for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure required reporting is set-up for accurate tracking and execution of event deliverables
- Develop detailed, best-practice project management plans as well as monitor and track timelines and progress
- Develop a strong rapport with the Events, Marketing & Communications, and Technology teams in order to ensure understanding of and participation in relevant projects
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Lead post-project diagnostics for the Development Department to help inform new best practices across Institute events and projects
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic professional with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant Project Management experience
- Multitasker with the ability to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal requests
- Team-oriented individual who can engage and project-manage colleagues
- Innovative problem-solver who can design and implement workable solutions
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.