|The Salvation Army
Golden State Divisional Headquarters
POSITION: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
SUPERVISOR: Divisional Communications Director
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
As an integral member of the Development Department, the Senior Digital Marketing Manager provides effective promotional support through print, online and other mediums with the intention of cultivating and sustaining engagement and increasing the organization’s brand equity and awareness. This position provides comprehensive marketing support to the strategic goals of the Development Department.
• Work closely with Director of Development, Communications Director and Territorial Digital Strategy & Integrated Marketing Specialist in developing content marketing strategies, promotional material, communications, ensuring compliance with TSA policies and procedures, in addition to local, state, and federal rules governing online charitable solicitation and giving.
• Act as lead point person to Territorial Headquarters on Territorial Digital Strategy and initiatives to build more sophisticated analytics and reporting, grow audiences and increase revenue. Work closely with inter-divisional digital creative team to create messaging and content for digital campaigns, year-round.
• Develop new and modern creative for digital marketing initiatives that reflects the Army’s mission and brand.
• Responsible for in house video production / publishing.
• Responsible for collection and analysis of all data related to online giving and marketing.
• Responsible for identifying key performance indicators and using insights to increase engagement.
• Oversee graphic design activities and create messaging strategy for specific marketing projects for the Development Department across print, web and other mediums.
• Proactively coordinate all online components with concurrent traditional marketing campaigns.
• Responsible for designing and printing collateral material and related mailings to donors, professionals and prospects.
• Work with the Special Events and Operations Manager to organize the coordination and implementation of collateral for Divisional special events by established deadlines.
• Take direction from Communications Director to manage GS Division WebManager based sites and assist with online promotions.
• Responsible for maintenance of GS Division based websites, in addition to web media for marketing initiatives in conjunction with corporate and community partners.
• Coordinate with Territorial CRD Digital staff to develop and maintain web presence organization in accordance with overall marketing plans and specific social media initiatives.
• Stay up to date on new digital marketing and social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that The Salvation Army can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
• Help manage social media presence; ensure consistent messaging and use of social media template designs; monitor and foster conversation in line with brand voice guidelines and national social media policy.
• Participate in professional networking by engaging with preeminent online community leaders and organizations by attending various marketing and social media related networking events.
• Responsible for updating all website content, including (but not limited to) job opportunities, corps updates and home page design.
• Work with Communications Director and Donor Marketing Director to plan and implement email campaigns, events and ad hoc donation pages.
• Assist in formulating and implementing strategies utilizing interactive and social media tools (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) to increase online community awareness and interaction.
• Assist with production of effective visual materials (video, etc.) to convey various marketing strategies in compelling terms.
• Execute and monitor online appeals and e-mail blasts as needed by field community centers within region and develop tracking reports that enable increased effectiveness.
• Keep all information concerning donors strictly confidential.
• Cooperate and participate in approved training programs.
• Be familiar with the goals, objectives and organizational structure of all Salvation Army operations within the Golden State Division.
• Have an understanding of the purposes and functions of TSA programs and operations throughout the Golden State Division.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing or related field desired
• Minimum 3 years of marketing experience. Knowledgeable in digital marketing and fundraising.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office (required)
• Solid foundation in Adobe Creative Suite and Internet software.
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Working knowledge of diverse software applications and ability to use new software programs and databases with basic training
• Understanding of fundraising and development
• Understanding of print and web design best practices and trends
• Knowledge of graphics creation and integration.
• Reliable, dependable, and adaptable.
• Outstanding written communication skills including spelling and grammar
• Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating respect and a positive attitude toward donors, clients and vendors.
• Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain instructions or troubleshoot issues by phone.
• Ability to develop creative marketing concepts
• Ability to start up and manage new initiatives
• Ability to simplify complex issues to increase understanding
• Ability to think independently and resolve problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple projects to completion on a timely basis
• Ability to work with a variety of different personalities
• Ability to research information
• Ability to balance entrepreneurial energy with a commitment to a team concept
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to load and to change settings, devices, fixtures, etc. on various types of equipment used in and around the Development Department
• Ability to interact in an appropriate manner with staff and field personnel
• Willingness to travel to offsite locations or telecommute as needed.
• Ability to stay organized in work areas, files, etc. contributing to the efficiency and accuracy of work within the assigned workday
• The Salvation Army is a church with standards of accountability, integrity and deportment. As an employee you will abide by these standards while performing your duties and while on duty.
• Must be a team player, take initiative, and be flexible in assisting others to the best of their ability to ensure an accurate work product.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of The Salvation Army.
Apple iMac, Fax Machine, Telephone, Copier, Printer
Miscellaneous office equipment including but not limited to staplers, three-hole punch, etc.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
• Ability to operate telephone
• Ability to operate a desktop or laptop computer
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to access and produce information from a computer
• Ability to understand written information
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is a reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.