The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County seeks a Membership Sales Associate to work under the supervision of the Membership Sales Supervisor and the Advancement Department. This position's main functions are to actively sell memberships both in person and over the phone, assist members with onsite ticketing requests, serve the public through admission sales, and clean and restock the members lounge. In addition, the Sales Associate’s goal is to sell an average of 5 memberships per 8 hour shift, earn an average of $2 per hour in donations, reach an average gift of $105 per month, reach an average of 4 membership upgrades per month, receive a score of 3 or higher if audited by a Secret Shopper, and maintain personal and institutional accountability through accuracy when cashing out.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Welcomes proactively all Museum guests as potential members/donors and encourages them to become a Museum member, highlighting member benefits, special promotions and upcoming events. Promotes membership during special exhibition campaigns, special promotions and at events.
- Processes Membership through ticketing and Advancement constituent system. Processes payments, returns or related transactions for Membership both onsite and over the phone.
- Maintains all Membership work areas including all ticket booths, the Member’s Lounge or ad-hoc point-of-sale stations ensuring a neat and presentable appearance and properly stocked with supplies and materials.
This position has the following requirements:
- Previous sales/customer service experience in a fast paced environment.
- Must be at least a High School graduate.
- Two or more years of course work toward a college degree or related work experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, some evenings, and other days as needed.
- Knowledge of computer and MS office software.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
- Must be highly organizational with the ability to multitask while processing a high volume of membership and ticket transactions.
- Must be exceptionally outgoing and personable with the ability to interact effectively with Museum staff, volunteers, members and visitors.
- Must display a positive attitude toward guests and other museum staff.
- Must have a high level of integrity and accuracy in handling monetary exchanges.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- May be required to travel to the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum for events and training.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking employees who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a part-time, regular, non-exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Interested candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs Opens a New Window. and click the link of the position for which you are interested.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please- No Phone Calls, Faxes, or Emails.