September 25, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Payroll Coordinator, reporting to the Payroll Manager, prepares weekly payroll and benefits transactions in an accurate and timely fashion to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations. This position requires working at Downtown & Hollywood Bowl locations, including evenings and weekends at multiple locations to meet seasonal requirements.
- Review ADP WORKFORCE and KRONOS Time clock time sheets and interface.
- Update employee records in all databases for all employees.
- Enter all check requests for department in PN3
- Verify all TAFs and follow up with employees regarding missing punch in a timely manner to ensure compliance
- Generate labor spreadsheet for employees utilizing KRONOS Timeclock System and distribute to department managers, as needed
- Prepare weekly and monthly check requests for Union members’ Pension/Annuity/Health & Welfare
- Prepare weekly payroll input control for reconciliation to ADP output; ensure accurate data input
- Sort and distribute all company payroll checks, pay statements, and W2 notices.
- Manual Check Report – Complete report, verify data and send to Accounting
- Complete and submit employment verifications and wage histories to State agencies as requested
- Compile archives for the compliance of record keeping tasks over 7 years
- Set up garnishments into ADP system and maintain documentation for audit and compliance needs
- Monitor and re-order check stock for Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl locations
- Process manual checks for terminated employees in a timely manner in order to ensure compliance
- Complete and file monthly Federal Bureau of Labor Report
- Rotate Weekday and Saturday shifts during Hollywood Bowl Season
- Support Payroll Manager and Payroll Technician as needed
- General office tasks: Set up new payroll files for staff & orchestra; open and distribute mail; respond to department e-mails and phone calls; weekly filing; maintain inventory of tax forms:W-4/DE-4/ W2
- Audit preparation and support as required
- Complete, maintain and update Payroll Department operating manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Business and/or at least 3- 5 years of prior payroll experience desirable
- Must have General Accounting background
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local payroll regulations is a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours at two locations, including some evenings and weekends
- Computer literate; familiarity with automated Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems (specifically, ADP and Kronos) a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills, written and verbal
- Good telephone manner and problem-solving ability
- Must show good judgment and be respectful in handling of confidential information & situations
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.