The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
To provide a broad range of administrative support to the Vice President of Presentations as well as assist with general Presentations functions as needed by the Director of Presentations and Program Manager, Presentations.
- Provide a broad range of administrative support to the Vice President including:
- Facilitate written and verbal, internal and external communications
- Coordinate meetings and oversee all arrangements for meetings
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements as needed
- File, prepare and calculate business expenses
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to: filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records, screening calls as needed
- Assist with budgetary spreadsheets and updates as required
- Assist with Hollywood Bowl calendar scheduling including updating with presentations confirmations, lease event information, liaising with production/artistic calendar scheduler as needed
- Provide administrative support for Director of Presentations and Program Manager, Presentations and Hollywood Bowl Orchestra as needed
- Assist in the data entry of artist performance contract details into CRM, amend contract riders in conjunction with Presentations Concert Manager
- Assist with invoice processing, coding, filing
- Coordinate visas for visiting guest artists in consultation with the department as needed
- Assist in reviewing marketing and PR materials for accuracy as needed
- Assist with any and all duties as needed for shows at Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Hollywood Bowl not limited to and including: ground transportation, tickets and ticket purchases, backstage credentials, parking requests, etc.
- Provide research assistance to the department
- Obtain and disseminate information in a timely manner to general staff as required including, but not limited to, biographical information for artists, production schedules, rehearsal schedules, and general information as requested by Association staff
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- B.A. or equivalent background and experience in theatre arts, music, or related field of study
- Minimum two year administrative/secretarial experience in fast paced multi-project oriented environment; job specific performing arts/concert production experience highly desirable
- Business professional (intermediate level) writing and verbal communication skills
- Business professional level (intermediate level) desktop computing skills (Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, Filemaker, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to consistently meet deadlines with high accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through on all assigned tasks. Must adroitly handle many tasks simultaneously in a competent, organized manner that can be quickly/easily communicated and/or covered by another if absent or unexpectedly unavailable
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime as required; must have schedule availability for variable week day, evening and weekend work shifts
- Must have reliable 24/7 access to reliable transportation and good driving record
- Basic understanding of accounting, budgeting and financial issues
- Above average broad knowledge and interest in a variety of musical artists, genres and repertoire strongly preferred
- Ability to work with artists, agents and managers in sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrable resilience and ability to handle long hours and fast pace with a positive attitude and sense of humor
How to apply:
- Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successfully completed.