Los Angeles, California
Director of Marketing and Communications position available in Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank seeks a self-motivated, innovative and results-driven professional. The ideal candidate for this position has the ability to think strategically and possesses the aptitude necessary to successfully implement the strategies. Excellent writing skills, combined with extensive knowledge of social media, are essential qualities for the success of the Food Bank’s marketing efforts. The Director of Marketing and Communications will be trusted to lead the organization’s Marketing and Communications efforts in developing and implementing strategic and annual plans to increase visibility and fundraising at the Food Bank; the principal function will be to manage the messaging and branding for the Food Bank internally and externally. This includes the development and production of all print and electronic media, as well as providing support for fundraising events. The Food Bank is built on a strong passion for its mission, a passion that is hopefully shared by the candidate. Join the Food Bank in feeding Los Angeles!
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communication with a minimum of five (5) years management-level experience in non-profit community/public relations with enhanced experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing marketing efforts with a strong background in earned media, digital marketing, email marketing and web optimization.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experienced in developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation: 80 hours each year for the first three years
- Sick Time: 80 hours per year
If interested in this position, please apply directly at https://www.lafoodbank.org/jobs/
To fulfill our mission, we source and acquire food and other products and distribute them to needy people through charitable agencies or directly through programs; conduct hunger education and awareness campaigns and advocate for public policies that alleviate hunger; and energize the community to get involved and support hunger relief. OUR VISION IS THAT NO ONE GOES HUNGRY IN LOS ANGELES. Since 1973, the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank has distributed more than 1 billion pounds of food. The Food Bank collects food from hundreds of resources. With the help of 30,000 volunteers annually and an agency network of more than 650 partner agencies, we serve more than 300,000 people on a monthly basis.