The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in LA, it's also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. The LA area is home to the second largest YMCA Association in the US, with 26 branches, 2 camps and over 50 child care sites. The LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passions, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
Responsible for program development, operation and management of one Summer Resident Camp, Child & Youth Activity Center Coordinator and Adventure Guides Programs (children Kinder to 2nd grade and their parents). Responsibilities include volunteer development, event planning, administrative work and monthly weekend campouts or activities. Must be able to stand and walk during the duration of shift. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds of equipment.
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with families, parents and children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and volunteers
- A high aptitude for organizing work and managing projects
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Preferred candidates with computer skills using Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel, Active Net and Outlook Email programs
- Must be available evenings and weekends, and able to attend monthly campouts
- Ensure a welcoming environment in assigned YMCA Program.
- Volunteer development.
- Program development, retention, and growth of the Adventure Guides programs.
- Fiscal management of program budgets.
- Financial development/Annual Support Campaign.
- Program administration.
- Supervise the Child/Youth Activity Coordinator.
- Operate two resident camps (winter (tentative)/summer)
- Develop, implement and achieve enrollment goals identified in Branch Annual Operating Plan.
- Oversee and conduct ongoing program member evaluations and surveys to ensure that high levels of quality in programs are maintained at all times; ensure outcomes align with the needs of the community and the branch strategic plan.
- Set an example for all staff by greeting members by name and taking the initiative to talk to members.
- Ensure that all facilities, program areas and equipment are clean and in proper working order.
- Recruit and hire staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit with each opening.
- Provide direct supervision to department staff, assuring that all staff are qualified, certified, and are meeting minimum performance standards for their position.
- Provide training for staff and volunteers on an ongoing basis through staff meetings, special courses and workshops.
- Develop annual operating budget for assigned program. Manage department budget to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals. Maintain systems for variance analysis, revenue and expense monitoring and control.
- Support a year round fund raising program that includes the Annual Support Campaign, special events and President's Club; Responsible for Annual Support Campaign leadership including team captains, division manager and/or team members.
- Develop annual marketing plan including mailings, advertisement and community outreach.
- Serve as a staff officer to assigned committee that reports to the Board of Mangers; Ensure committee has a commission statement and chart of work that is aligned with the branch strategic plan.
- Create opportunities (events, initiatives, activities) for members to develop small communities within the YMCA.
- Ensure all staff members are familiar with all programs offered at the YMCA so staff are able to inform members of YMCA programs that will meet members' changing needs and interests.
- Identify program volunteer positions and assist with the identification, recruitment and tracking of program volunteers
- Communicate program information, registration information, schedules, etc., effectively and consistently with branch management and membership staff. Update program brochures and fliers to ensure strong communication throughout the branch.