The Center Manager will implement and uphold the mission, policies, and practices of St. Anne’s Early Learning Center. This person will work alongside the Education and Disabilities Manager to ensure program compliance and is responsible for the day-to-day function of the Early Learning Center. This supervisor will maintain supervisory relationships with staff, and supervise parent volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Head Start/Early Head Start programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Head Start/Early Head Start programs are meeting all Head Start Performance Standards, Community Care Licensing, and care and supervision requirements and expectations.
- Oversee the Monthly Site Based Parent Meetings and Parent Volunteers.
- Maintenance of administrative records and implementation of all program service requirements.
- Provides direction and tracks adherence to classroom lesson plans and school readiness goals.
- Write the integrated education/early childhood and disabilities development plans for Head Start in consultation with staff, parents and representatives from local schools.
- Participate in the interview, orientation and training of staff.
- Plan and oversee staff evaluations and professional development in collaboration with the Education/Disabilities Manager and Human Resources.
- Guides teachers in creating lesson plans and reviews them, to ensure the lesson plans are meeting the needs of the children and are developmentally appropriate.
- Will participate as CLASS observer to identify needs for instructional learning and professional development.
- Maintain effective and ongoing communication with parents.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- A valid State of California Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director Permit.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet criteria for additional insurability with Agency.
- At least 2 years of experience overseeing Head Start/ Early Head Start center preferred.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining cooperative staff relationships.
- Knowledge of Department of Education-Title V, and Dept. of Social Services Title 22.
- Experience in working with diverse cultures.