Walk With Sally is a non-profit organization whose mission is provide hope through our individualized mentoring and community support services to empower children experiencing trauma through a parent, guardian or sibling’s cancer journey.
The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Development Team (Director of Communications & Special Events, Director of Development, and CEO) to ensure the effective completion of all Walk With Sally fundraising initiatives. Work closely with the Development Team to execute workflows related to Thank You Letters, Invoices, and other critical milestones in fundraising activities. Under supervision, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting office management, campaign operations, special events coordination, data management and business processes.
- Manage customer and campaign information utilizing Salesforce accurately, timely and in full compliance with established organizational standards and guidelines.
- Provide ad-hoc project-based support to ensure the effective, efficient operations of the Walk With Sally office.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring interface tools for companies and individuals participating in peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Steward relationships with fundraisers, provide customer service and trouble-shoot inquiries with regard to peer-to-peer fundraising strategy.
- Supports the coordination and implementation of event logistics, including but not limited to detailed project management, customer service, administrative support, data management, website and email campaign management and volunteer and vendor management.
- Provides on-site event support and coordination as assigned. Working with department staff, participates in accounting procedures ensuring compliance with established financial procedures through ongoing internal audits of cash receipts, reconciliation, budget and expense reporting.
- Graphically create event marketing materials, power point presentations, blogs, emails, etc.
- Actively participates in and contributes to regular staff meetings, trainings and activities that support achievement of overall goals.
- Oversee, administrate and occasionally create procedures for general secretarial duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management systems (Salesforce) including data entry and reporting.
- Experience with financial reporting and budgeting.
- Creative and professional writing experience.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to respond and meet a wide variety of requests in a professional, courteous manner.
- Work occasional evening and weekend events required.
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to revision.
- Have a passion for the non-profit sector.
- College degree
- Two years plus of progressive work experience, administrative, or fundraising support, preferable in non-profit environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, information prioritization and time management skills key.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality w/ a professional demeanor.
Equal Opportunity - Walk With Sally is an equal opportunity corporation. Walk With Sally does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or handicapped status. Walk With Sally takes all necessary steps to comply with existing Federal, State and Local Fair Employment Laws and Guidelines of not-for-profit corporations.