To effectively monitor and coordinate the Archdiocese's financial reporting and audit activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Supervises, directs monitors, and evaluates work assigned staff.
- Prepares journal entries and reconcile investment activities for various departments and business units.
- Monitors and reconciles inter-organization accounts receivable and accounts payable activities.
- Assists Controller with depositing and withdrawing funds from line of credit.
- Compiles financial information for the elementary and high schools.
- Makes decisions on journal entries, check requests, capitalization of fixed assets and work priorities.
- Performs complex accounting and budget monitoring/control activities.
- Performs periodic internal audits.
- Works with and assists external auditors.
- Advises employees on accounting matters.
- May analyze trial balance and operational reports.
- Works with departments to interpret financial information.
- Recommends actions to improve financial processes.
- Computes fixed assets, depreciation and amortization for Archdiocese's properties.
- Occasionally may serve as a backup for other accounting duties not included above.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 5 years of professional accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Archdiocese's retirement, disability and insurance plans.
- Principles and practices of accounting.
- Budget monitoring and control procedures.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations.
- Audit procedures.
- Modern office methods and procedures.
- Tax, insurance, securities and estate regulations.
- Public contact
- Financial report preparation and presentation.
- Financial record keeping and reporting techniques.
- Short -range organizational planning.
- Evaluate accounting systems and procedures.
- Direct, evaluate and supervise the work of assigned personnel.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Operate calculator and computer.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Operate telephone equipment.
- Operate standard office equipment and computer.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping and walking.
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on our website at: http://archla.org/employmentpdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location