|Posted 5/9/2018 until 9/6/2018|
The Parish Campaign Associate Director will provide expertise to parishes in the areas of communications, marketing, and strategic planning pertaining to the Called to Renew campaign. The Parish Campaign Associate Director is responsible for leading campaign efforts at the parish level, working together with the pastor and his staff.
Working under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and in conjunction with the CCS Campaign management team, he/she will provide direction and leadership at several parishes concurrently during each wave of the campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Parish Campaign Associate Director is responsible for supporting the parish campaign effort, including:
Campaign Planning and Early Campaign Activity:
· Incorporate local parish dynamics into the established campaign plan fundamentals for an effective campaign for the parish.
· Facilitate learning and understanding for both lay and clergy leaders in the fundamental plan to drive each parish-based campaign.
· Develop a case for support with parish leadership and facilitate the design and production of campaign brochures and publicity materials.
· Customize campaign materials for use in solicitations, volunteer recruitment and training and pledge redemption.
· Format the parish database of families to develop the phase segmentation for the campaign.
· Develop a timeline of campaign solicitation and communication activities.
· Assist the pastor with recruiting a core group of lay leaders for each phase of the campaign.
· Prepare the pastor and core leaders to solicit key members of the parish community.
Duties during the Active Solicitation Portion of the Campaign:
· Guide parish leadership and volunteers in following the campaign plan.
· Meet weekly with the pastor and campaign leadership.
· Provide direction in recruiting and training various volunteer committees.
· Provide personal visit training to volunteers.
· Coordinate the assignment of parish families within the different phases of the program.
· Prepare and direct campaign orientation, training and report meetings.
· Prepare publicity for the campaign, including newsletters, announcements, training manuals and talking points.
· Provide consultation for the review of the continuation and redemption phase of activity, specifically:
ü Establish a post-campaign committee.
ü Provide specific written procedures for campaign follow-up and appropriate communications with donors.
· Provide a review/report on campaign progress on a weekly basis during the campaign.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Computer proficiency, specifically in Microsoft Office applications.
· Superior written and communication skills.
· Excellent quantitative analytical skills and creativity in problem solving.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of clergy, staff, volunteers, donors and prospective donors.
· Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Professional demeanor.
· Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish, Korean and/or Vietnamese.
· Exceptional willingness and patience to listen to pastoral leaders, volunteers and prospective donors.
· Ability to direct/attend evening meetings and periodically direct/attend activities at parishes on weekends.
· Philanthropic values and a commitment to service.
· Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles.
· Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and confidence.
· An empathy with the ethos of the Catholic Church.
· Respect and support for the teachings of the Catholic church and affinity with the overall mission of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
Information/Application Contact:Parish Campaign
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90010