|Posted 6/27/2018 until 9/6/2018|
Under general direction, performs diverse administrative and secretarial duties in support of one or more senior Church officials or other executives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
· Uses word processing equipment/software to take and transcribe dictation, or type from handwritten material or rough draft copy; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling; edits for clarity or effectiveness.
· Composes correspondence, reports and memos with minimal input from supervisor.
· Acts as information source on department policies and procedures; interprets data and events; may develop new clerical methods to handle data and document procedures as necessary.
· Performs research to obtain information; collates, organizes and summarizes data for review and action by others.
· Takes minutes at meetings; transcribes; copies and distributes minutes to those attending meetings.
· Maintains calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for out-of-town travel; arranges and coordinates meetings and appointment schedules.
· Tracks, manages and follows-up with schools on various annual reports and forms. Compiles data on spreadsheets or downloads reports and forwards to supervisor.
· Maintains databases.
· Receives, forwards and tracks reimbursements and invoices.
· Assists supervisor in completing Event Request Forms and Liturgical Forms for special events. Assists in creating booklet for special liturgies, retreats or workshops.
· Create and send Weekly Memo for Elementary and High Schools via MailChimp and manages contact lists on same software/platform.
· Reviews and uploads monthly press releases.
· Sets up and maintains confidential files and other records.
· Coordinates meetings or events including developing/preparing invitations or other documents; prepares sign-in sheet and name badges, arranges/coordinates meeting places and refreshments/hospitality.
· May perform written or verbal translation (English/Spanish) as necessary.
· May perform routine office duties such as ordering and distributing supplies, answering and screening telephone calls, copying, collating and distributing reports, etc.
· Assumes related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· High school graduation or equivalent.
· One year of college in a related field.
· Minimum of four years experience in an increasingly responsible secretarial/administrative positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Basic computer skills including knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
· English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Archdiocesan policies and organization.
· Written and oral communication skills. For positions requiring bilingual skills, the incumbent must be fluent in English and Spanish or other required language.
· Long term planning.
· Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
· Maintain tact, cooperation and confidentiality.
· Operate telephone equipment.
· Type 60 wpm in order to meet the requirements of the position.
· Operate standard office equipment and computer.
· Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
· Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
· Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
HOW TO APPLY:
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location