POSITION SUMMARY: To assist with the management and monitoring of guests to promote a safe and secure environment.
- Actively monitor the guests, ensuring compliance with all program guidelines and expectations.
- Conduct property/room inspections as needed.
- Follow established protocols for medical emergencies and unusual/disruptive activity.
- Provide written documentation as required (this may include reports, presentations, and data analysis).
- Facilitate conflict resolution and intervene to diffuse any potential volatile and/or hostile situations as needed.
- Assist with intake, discharge, and/or orientation processes as requested.
- Attend scheduled department/team meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned. Depending on location, these may include mail sorting and delivery; transporting clients in a company vehicle; serving meals to residents; serving as program representative to volunteers; and chaperoning children to name a few.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current California driver license and ability to be added to the company vehicle insurance policy required if working at Hope Gardens Family Center. Commercial license is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of prior experience in a related field (social services, community relations, non-profits, etc.) performing similar duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn proprietary computer programs.
- Must have excellent organization skills and a strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus. (Los Angeles location)
- Ability to carry out responsibilities without direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate office equipment.