Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) seeks a part-time Communications Assistant, a dynamic and capable self-starter who will support the CCC mission’s to elevate the underserved through education and the arts. S/he comes to the position with a passion for the arts, marketing, and community service. The successful candidate has social media savvy, is an excellent written and oral communicator, understands urgency and timeliness for communications, paired with strong attention to detail. The Communications Assistant is at the center of all institutional and programming, and is highly collaborative with all team members. Strong understanding of branding, marketing strategy, messaging is required. Design and photography skills helpful.
Communications & Marketing
- Coordinate efforts in building CCC’s brand online and in communications including: newsletters, publications, and social media (Twitter, Facebook, website, e-blasts and e-flyers)
- Draft, edit, update content for published content (press release, website, social media, video)
- Contacting press, planning and coordinating press conferences under the direction of the Director of Communications and larger messaging and communications plan of the organization.
- Work with graphic designers to design visual communications for all written material
- Proactively drives social media marketing campaigns by developing relevant content to reach CCC’s target audience.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Ensure consistent visual design (i.e. Facebook Timeline cover, profile pics, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Meet project deadlines and manage competing priorities for design, content, and institutional and program-related communications
- Coordinate publication projects including follow up on all production and delivery
- Schedule timeline for messaging campaigns, update media list, track impressions, and manage the communications calendar
- Manage documentation and photo archives – accessing, organizing, and ensuring accessibility for professional presentations, research, press packets, publications and other usage.
- Database maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Organized, detail oriented, and manages time well
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual format.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Has good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Advanced graphic design skills
- Video production experience including editing, shooting, and photography
- Event photography
The ideal candidate has a BA in communications or marketing, a passion for the arts, enjoy working with people, and are excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community based, contemporary arts organization. The candidate is someone who is excited to communicate and challenge the existing narrative of the model minority myth, Asian Americans, and Chinatown.
Send cover letter, resume and 2 page writing sample to Pearl Wong, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jenny Leung, email@example.com