The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Senior Media and Lighting Technician for our Education and Exhibits Department. Primary responsibilities include installation and maintenance of audiovisual and lighting equipment and software in exhibits, assistance in planning and development of audiovisual and lighting components of exhibits, and maintenance and organization of equipment storage spaces.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Take a leadership role in the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of exhibits – under direction of Museum personnel when necessary.
- Works on the more complex tasks in the installation, deinstallation, and maintenance of museum exhibits.
- Maintain lighting, A/V, and mechanical components of exhibits.
- Takes initiative on development of projects.
- Under minimal direction, oversee the installation and deinstallation of exhibits by collaborating with crewmembers and other Museum staff.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, including ordering of materials.
- Under minimal direction, oversee construction of exhibit components and accessory materials.
- May handle objects and specimens for the Museum collections, as well as material from lending institutions.
- Under minimal direction, oversee the crating, packing, and storage of all exhibit related material.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in art, science, or media field from an accredited college, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Must have advanced level skills in at least 4 of the areas listed below:
o Computers/ software/ programming
o Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
This is a full-time regular, non-exempt position with excellent benefits offered.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.