The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Prospect Researcher in the Advancement department. This role will report directly to the Associate Vice President, Annual Giving. The Prospect Researcher is responsible for research materials related to annual fundraising and other projects, including biographical and financial information on prospects.
Responsibilities for this position includes, but are not limited to:
- Research and identify prospects for annual, planned, major, and capital campaign gifts for Advancement fundraisers, the President/Director and volunteer solicitors.
- Write biographical sketches of prospects and alert Advancement fundraisers of potential prospects. Creates an ongoing strategic plan for the proactive discovery and movement of new prospects into the prospect development system.
- Updates constituent records and prospect files regularly. Responsible for maintaining information in Millennium database related to suspects and prospects, and hard copy files.
- Conducts proactive and reactive prospect research utilizing a variety of print and electronic resources, including the Internet, commercial online services, specialized computer software, public records, and periodicals.
- Directs and facilitates the prospect management program, including prospect strategy meetings, prospect ratings, and solicitor assignments.
- Coordinates both input and output of pertinent prospect data in the system. Produces a variety of prospect management reports when needed.
- Reviews and edits own and others’ work using contemporary business grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules to ensure accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
This position has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a fundraising environment preferred.
- PC friendly, MS Word, MS Excel, and experience with research databases, ie: LexisNexis Development Pro.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, No Phone Calls, No Fax.