The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Corporate and Foundation Giving Officer for our Advancement department. This position is responsible for raising funds from corporate, foundation and government sources in support of the Natural History Family of Museums (NHM, La Brea Tar Pits, and William S. Hart Museum). Primary responsibilities: sets strategy in collaboration with the Corporate and Foundation Giving Director and Associate Vice President of Annual Giving; identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of institutional funders to reach annual contributed revenue goals, with particular focus on corporate sponsors.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate Membership: Oversees the corporate membership program of the Museum to ensure revenue goals are met. The Corporate and Foundation Giving Officer will direct the benefits structure and works closely with the Corporate and Foundation Giving team.
- Corporate Sponsor Acquisition and Fulfillment: In collaboration with the Corporate and Foundation Giving Director, researches and crafts customized proposals which form symbiotic partnerships that address the needs of both the Museum and our sponsors. Works with staff in other divisions to develop necessary program design, proposal content and budget information. Ensures proper signoff prior to submission for all proposals, reports and related financial representations. Actively manages corporate relationships including fulfillment and tracking of sponsorship and membership deliverables such as activation events, onsite advertising, facility rentals, credit acknowledgements, website placement, membership packages, employee benefits and more.
- Corporate and Foundation Grants: In collaboration with the Corporate and Foundation Giving Director, cultivates and stewards a portfolio of significant corporate and foundation funders, including fulfilling grant writing and reporting requirements to meet a demanding deadline calendar.
This position has the following requirements:
- Planning: Has familiarity with strategic planning. Can assist in translating organizational vision to divisional goals. Is capable of monitoring implementation of goals at this level, making necessary adjustments and informing higher levels of management regarding significant changes.
- Negotiation: Has the capability to solicit bids, draft contract terms and monitor performance of contractors.
- Analysis: Has the capability to assess complex situations and make decisions and/or recommendations across departments and functions.
- Finance: Has experience with contributing to the development of program budgets and monitoring their implementation.
- Position requires a minimum of five years of experience in progressively more responsible roles for a comparable program or function.
- An entrepreneurial approach to prospect identification and cultivation and excellent communications and negotiation skills are essential. Outstanding writing skills are required.
- Candidates will have extensive grant writing experience with a proven track record of quantifiable fundraising success.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking employees who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full-time, regular, exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Interested candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs and click the link of the position for which you are interested.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please- No Phone Calls, Faxes, or Emails.