At the Natural History Museum, we are more than just walls and fossils. We are the past, present and future - “A new way to museum”. Come be a part of the team that’s front and center in helping our visitors find new ways to get engaged with our dinosaurs, with nature and so much more!
Now hiring Guest Relations Associates for our Guest Relations Department to provide outstanding customer service support for Museum admissions by creating a friendly, welcoming and informative environment for all Museum visitors. Guest Relations Associates deliver all levels of admissions service including explaining Museum programs and exhibits to the public, processing admissions, upselling special exhibits such as the new Tattoo exhibit, and selling tickets and memberships. The goal of this position is to effectively communicate and show guests that they are welcomed and appreciated for their patronage, with the hope that they will have an enjoyable visit, return soon, and possibly join as members.The Natural History Museum is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community.
This position has the following requirements:
• Two or more years course work toward a college degree or related work experience.
• One or more years customer service experience.
• One or more years cashiering experience in a fast paced museum, entertainment, theme park, movie theater or admissions-related environment.
• Proficiency in data entry in a PC environment and knowledge of database systems preferred.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis and evenings as needed.
• Must be productive and approachable while working in a public space.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service to the public with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn about natural and cultural history and improving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and a desire to work with the public.
• Proficient in attending to details with excellent customer service skills and attention to problem resolution follow-up.
• Demonstrated aptitude to learn, use and teach appropriate selling and customer service techniques as part of a team-centered, customer-focused environment.
We currently have several part-time positions open at the Natural History Museum and at the La Brea Tar Pits Museum. We are seeking additional help in preparation for the new Tattoo exhibit and will be actively reviewing applications until all positions are filled.
Salary is $13.00 per hour with flexible scheduling during operating hours. Successful candidates will have many internal opportunities for promotion.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.