The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Call Center Associate for our Guest Relations Department to provide outstanding customer service over the phone or email by creating a friendly, welcoming and information environment for all caller. Primary responsibilities include answering customer service requests, provide callers with information about Museum exhibits and programs.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Written Communication: Prepares memos, meeting agendas, meeting notes/minutes, email correspondence and letters as directed. Replies to correspondence as directed. Drafts memo, letters and reports as directed for review by supervisor. Proofs text and statistical information and edits documents created by supervisor or others in the division as directed. Prepares and assembles documents including copying and mail processing as necessary.
- Membership Processing: Processes Membership through ticketing and Advancement constituent system. Processes payments, returns or related transactions for Membership both onsite and over the phone.
- Program Information: Responds to caller questions and concerns by explaining programs, exhibits, events for the Museum and surrounding facilities. Provides callers with information on membership, group sales and programs. As needed directs callers to the appropriate Museum personnel or web pages.
- Program Promotion: Encourages potential members/donors to become a Museum member, highlighting member benefits, special promotions and upcoming events. Promotes membership during special exhibition campaigns, special promotions and at events.
- Caller Welcoming: Greets all caller with a positive, enthusiastic and professional and attitude at all times.
- Customer Service: Interacts with the public and staff who have facility concerns and complaints and provides reasonable resolutions within Museum guidelines.
- Call Center Desk: Maintains the desk ensuring that it is clean, well-stocked and organized.
- Group Bookings: Ensure that group bookings are being accurately recorded in our Galaxy ticketing system.
This position has the following requirements:
- Two or more years course work toward a college degree or related work experience.
- One or more years customer service experience.
- Proficiency in data entry in a PC environment and knowledge of database systems preferred.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis and evenings as needed.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service to the public with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn about natural and cultural history and improving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and a desire to work with the public.
- Proficient in attending to details with excellent customer service skills and attention to problem resolution follow-up.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn, use and teach appropriate selling and customer service techniques as part of a team-centered, customer-focused environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits offered. This is a part-time, regular, non-exempt position.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, No Phone Calls, No Fax.