Workday Technical Analyst
Overview of RAND
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND’s research and analysis address issues that impact people everywhere, including security, health, education, sustainability, growth, and development. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has close to 1,800 people from approximately 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe, and Australia, with annual revenues of more than $308 million.
RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest. Our research is sponsored by government agencies, charitable trusts, and community nonprofits. In addition, we rely on philanthropic support to pursue visionary ideas; address critical problems that are under-researched; shape emerging policy debates; and devise innovative approaches for solving acute, complex, or provocative policy challenges. RAND values objectivity and integrity in both its research processes and internal interactions. We emphasize a collegial environment that respects the contributions and dignity of all staff.
The Workday Technical Analyst at RAND will be responsible for the technical support, report writing, integration and administration of the Workday System. This position will partner with the Workday Business Analysts, consultants and business users to build and maintain reports, administer security and ensure data integrity of the system, while supporting integration with other applications both internal and external to RAND.
The candidate must have strong technical skills in the Workday toolset and maintain a rigorous commitment to quality, security and attention to detail. Although technical focused they must understand at a high level how these integration´s are part of the overall business process.
- Manage integration points with other RAND internal systems (MS Office 365, External Web)
- Manage integration points with other RAND external systems (Banks, Benefits Providers, Vendors etc.)
- Manage integration points with other Workday extensible software partners (Salesforce, ADP etc.)
- Build reports and manage RAND’s users use of reports
- Troubleshoot failed integration production support issues
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine an appropriate action plan for break/fix issues
- Ensure all internal and external interfaces adhere to secure data transmission
- Maintain data integrity through all data transformations and transmissions
- Understands and maintains employees Data Privacy compliance measures
- Utilize technical knowledge to identify opportunities for process and operational improvement
- Evaluate and explain newly released integration´s to the user community
- Participate and support prototypes and demonstrations of new functionality
- Support the biannual upgrades and regular patching processes
- Administer role security and Workday user responsibility changes
- Act as primary named support contact with Workday. Managing communications with Workday Support
- Collaborate and contribute to the Workday community technical user groups
- Participate and help facilitate IS system audits
Required Experience / Skills
- Workday experience; experience implementing and/or supporting at least one major Financial ERP
- Experience in Enterprise Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Transformation
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgement
- Excellent documentation skills
- Collaborative team player
- Proactive, with a sense of ownership
- Ability to drive projects and issues to completion
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new functions and technologies
- Expertise in the following Workday technologies:
- Web Service APIs
- Workday Studio complex integration´s
- Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB)
- Report Writer
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT)
- Cloud Connect
- Experience in web service integration´s (SOAP, WSDL, XML)
- Comprehensive understanding of the Workday security model
BA/BS degree; equivalent experience may be considered in-lieu of a four-year degree.
- Workday experience required, minimum of one-year.
Santa Monica or Pittsburgh
This position may potentially work remotely.