The Receptionist for CHF’s headquarters is one of the most recognized faces and voices of the ministry. This position communicates with various individuals, internally and externally, whether by phone, email, or in person. Ensures a gracious, calm and welcoming manner in all responsibilities as this may be the first impression individuals have of CHF. Key elements of this position are extending hospitality, efficiently and graciously directing inquiries to appropriate personnel, and overseeing all activity in the reception area. Maintains thorough knowledge of the organization for efficiency and effectiveness of duties. Provides general administrative support for CHF’s headquarters operations.
- Professionally, compassionately, and courteously assist all guests and callers (whether internal or external), offer hospitality, ensure completion of visitor log for guests who are going beyond the lobby; provide information directly or transfer calls to appropriate staff; utilize the attendance calendar as a resource for staff availability. Proactively seek opportunities for ongoing efficiency and improvement of CHF’s hospitality and front desk services.
- Provide administrative assistance for headquarters operations as requested including but not limited to: preparing documents, spreadsheets, data entry, mailings, travel arrangements, research, special projects.
- Monitor front desk voicemail and the General Information email inbox; handle or forward messages in a timely manner, no fewer than three times each day (first thing, before lunch, at end of day).
- Receive and log all incoming deliveries such as USPS Priority Mail, FedEx, UPS (anything other than regular USPS mail); advise staff of packages that have arrived for them.
- Maintain internal mailbox system (e.g. add/remove/rearrange names); prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail in a timely manner each day.
- Maintain the building’s common stock of office and shipping/mailing supplies; replenish as needed (e.g. contact warehouse staff for any available incoming product, place orders).
- Maintain and track postage on the postage meter; order postage and associated supplies as needed; ensure staff are aware of changes in postage rates. Provide training on mailing and shipping to staff as requested.
- Maintain a welcoming and presentable workspace (lobby, board room, mail room, guest restroom), such as honors the Lord and represents CHF well to visitors.
- Assist with set-up for meetings and ordering meals as requested by other administrative staff.
- Participate in required staff and team meetings, as well as company events (e.g., Toy Wrap).
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; active member of a local evangelical Christian church; demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Associate’s degree in business or communications, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Prior reception experience, including travel arrangements; non-profit experience is a plus
- Warm and welcoming manner, with professional appearance and communications skills (written and verbal); able to graciously and calmly interact with staff and guests, assist and direct them as appropriate, and clearly articulate CHF’s mission and programs
- Able to operate a multi-line phone system and postage meter
- Trustworthy, able to maintain appropriate confidentiality of donor and ministry information
- Reliable in attendance and timely completion of work/projects
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, and be organized (including electronic or paper files)
- Proactive with demonstrated ability to independently develop and implement appropriate solutions as needed, such as for new projects and/or when direction is unavailable
- Flexible, able to positively adapt to the changing needs of CHF’s ministry
- Able to type ~60+ words per minute
- Strong business English for creating, proofreading, and ensuring high quality correspondence and documents
- Able to create, format, and modify spreadsheets for tracking and managing data
- Competent user of Windows/MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)/Internet, able to quickly learn new software applications
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is a plus