Walk With Sally is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide mentoring support programs and services to children of parents or siblings with cancer. In order to provide these free-of-charge services, we hold two annual large fundraisers, and increase our exposure through smaller more regular special events.
The Special Events Assistant will work directly with the Special Events & Marketing Manager to ensure the effective completion of all Walk With Sally sponsored special events. Throughout the summer we will be working on White Light White Night, our largest fundraiser of the year, as well as smaller mixers and other marketing related events.
- Assist Manager in all aspects of executing large scale events, including invitation production, budgeting, seating, staffing, in-kind donor recruitment, volunteer relations, event committee, vendors (caterers, florists, designers, printers, entertainment, etc.) and marketing.
- Assist Manager with all other “donation-development/generating” sub-event activities such as silent auction, live auction, opportunity drawing, merchandise sales, donation appeal, mobile phone campaigns, social media donation campaigns, etc.
- Assist Manager with planning of pre-event mixer and post-event mixer functions (i.e. volunteer’s party, ticket launch party, VIP wine event)
- Communicate with volunteers in key leadership positions to ensure up-to-date event details.
- Assist in accounting for receipts of donations and execute thank you notes to key donors
- Research and solicit in-kind donations.
- Acknowledge event gifts accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Assist in tracking and processing event expenses.
- Event leader working directly with production staff throughout the week of the event.
- Graphically create event marketing materials, power point presentations, blogs, emails, etc.
- Tracking event and donor details within Salesforce.
- Day-of-event supervisor for WLWN and other special events (managed by WWS or beneficiary event for WWS).
- Work in a team environment to effectively and positively represent Walk With Sally and its mission in the community.
- Work occasional evening and weekend events required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned related to development & special events.
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision.
- Have a passion for the non-profit sector and special event planning.
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, or Non Profit Studies
- Two years plus experience in marketing and/or special events.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint. Seasoned in Salesforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, information prioritization and time management skills key.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality w/ a professional demeanor.