Walk With Sally is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide mentoring support
programs and services to children of parents or siblings with cancer. In order to provide
these free-of-charge services, we hold two annual large fundraisers, and increase our
exposure through smaller more regular special events.
The Special Events intern will work directly with the Special Events & Marketing Manager to
ensure the effective completion of all Walk With Sally sponsored special events. Throughout
the year we are working on our Annual Bowl-A-Thon and White Light White Night major
fundraisers as well as smaller mixers and other marketing related events.
1. Assist in all “donation-development/generating” sub-event activities such as silent auction,
live-auction, opportunity drawing, merchandise sales, Stand-Up-For-A-Child, WLWN,
mobile phone campaigns, social media donation campaigns and/or other
2. Assist in accounting for receipts of donations and execute thank you notes to key donors
3. Assist in tracking and processing event expenses.
4. Research and solicit in-kind donations.
5. Assist event leadership as needed.
6. Assist with all marketing and public relations needs including social media, email
campaigns and website updates through WordPress.
7. Create and Execute Volunteer Thank You Party following the major fundraiser under the
supervision of the Special Events Manager.
Interest in the non-profit sector and previous special events experience is a plus.