The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Works closely with the artistic, production, education, marketing, development and finance departments to manage LA Phil’s contracts from inception to completion. Manages LA Phil’s intellectual property portfolio. Assists General Counsel with all other legal, risk management and compliance matters, including governance, consumer privacy, labor and employment, workers compensation and ADA issues.
- Prepare and administer all guest artist contracts (Classical, Presentations & Education) for all venues, tours & run-outs in collaboration with artist and program managers.
- Develop and maintain key strategic partnerships with artist agencies and other relevant businesses in order to successfully negotiate contractual terms and conditions.
- In conjunction with the relevant departments, review, draft and negotiate non-artistic contracts related to the business of the LAPA. Anticipate decisions and approvals that may be necessary along the way, provide legal and practical advice and recommendations to address business and contractual issues.
- Develop and/or revise broadcast and media related contracts consistent with the needs of LAPA, orchestra union obligations, intellectual property concerns, and other legal requirements.
- Manage LA Phil’s intellectual property portfolio and work with outside counsel on all registrations/renewals.
- Assist Vice President, Human Resources & General Counsel with all other legal, risk management and compliance matters, including governance, consumer privacy, labor and employment, workers compensation and ADA issues.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Education to graduate level / J.D. required; admitted to State Bar of California.
- At least 4 years work experience in high volume contracts review, drafting or administration; preferably prior experience with music artists’ contracts and other similar industry contracts.
- Experience in intellectual property law, including managing an intellectual property portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self starter and work proactively with LAPA groups and contracting entities to successfully complete contracts in a timely manner.
- Effective written & oral communication and negotiation skills; ability to balance risk and business aspects of a contract in the LA Phil’s best interests.
- Availability to work evenings or weekends on occasions.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful