Position Summary: Relief International is seeking an Intern who has an interest in working with social media and Human Resources, particularly recruiting. This is a great opportunity to gain specialized knowledge in the HR Department with the recruitment process and learning to handle administrative duties and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates skills in creating and using various social medial platforms
- Can create effective social media HR campaigns
- Is a do-er and has creativity in connecting with people.
What you will be doing as a Human Resources (Recruitment Social Media) Intern:
- Assist HR Department in contributing to RI’s HR/social media pages by writing/posting content such as links, videos, photos under the direction of the Head of the Recruitment Unit and Communications
- Assist the HR Department in marketing its Surge Roster
- Assist the HR Department with various aspects of recruiting, including managing posts
- Perform general administrative support functions for the HR Department
- Assist HR department in compiling a database of the best sites and platforms to recruit from and post positions to these sites
- File resumes and applicant information electronically
- Assist HR with special projects as needed.
- May assist in intern and volunteer recruitment, including filing and maintaining database of incoming applications
- Perform Word processing, proofing, editing, filing and other assistance with documents
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to inquiries regarding RI policies/procedures, as requested.
- Provide back-up support as needed to other departments
- Execution of special projects related to above areas on an as-requested basis
Other Qualifications & requirements:
- Exhibited interest in Human Resources
- Ability and willingness to handle above duties and responsibilities in HR Department
- Dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results and multi-task in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- General knowledge of world affairs international/intergovernmental institutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a Team
- 15 hours minimum; Monday to Friday varied schedule
- Professional demeanor
- Computer proficiency: MUST be adept in PC environment; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be comfortable learning new software systems
- Ability to consistently follow through and take ownership of projects
- Detail oriented and energetic
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as copy machines, WebEx, Skype, conferencing equipment, etc.
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Confidentiality, diplomacy and a high degree of professionalism is required.
- Energetic, results focused with superb execution and follow through, ability to self-direct, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills; ability to build relationships and trust.
- Motivated self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions.
Salary: Unpaid, monthly transportation stipend and academic credit available
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation