See what a job can do!
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy galvanizing a national movement of social enterprises—purpose-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, and limited education, social enterprises provide the paying jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd lasting, competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in over 100 social enterprises in 21 states. To date, those businesses have earned $392 million in revenue and employed nearly 24,000 people (and counting)
Brief Job Description:
You will create greater connections among the Employment Social Enterprise field both regionally and nationally through the REDFworkshop platform. Under the direction of the Principal Consultant, Strategic Partnerships, you will focus on creating and fostering relationships among REDFworkshop members, be the pulse on identifying and connecting with social enterprises throughout the US, determine trends and innovations to share, and implement services that will help develop, grow, and organize employment social enterprises as a robust sector.
• Work in partnership with the Product Manager to deliver an effective REDFworkshop.org platform that connects the field and builds an impactful network among employment social enterprise practitioners.
• Create and manage a membership outreach/engagement strategy to result in identification and verification of employment social enterprises new to REDFworkshop, net new workshop members/employment social enterprises, and active retention of existing members.
• Work collaboratively with REDF communications team to produce and deliver creative content highlighting the work of members and design content/membership campaigns to increase the visibility of employment social enterprise and REDFworkshop engagement.
• Identify issues of relevance to convene/gather employment social enterprises to collectively engage and advocate.
• Provide personalized and individualized member services that complement the products of REDFworkshop and REDF programs.
• Collect and report data to measure the impact of REDFworkshop engagement to REDF, the members, and field.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience
• Service-oriented – able to identify needs and provide excellent platform support to REDFworkshop social enterprise members
• Strong creative skill set, able to develop and partner with others to create compelling content for online/website materials and video.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, able to manage competing priorities, event logistics, and excellent follow-through skills
• Effective written/oral communication; well-developed research skills and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, and patience
• Strong skills working with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to work extensively at a computer
• Ability to travel for work periodically within California and domestically
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Visit our website for additional job opportunities with REDF or with an organization in our portfolio.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.