San Pedro 1 - Los Angeles, CA
$15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
Nonprofit - Social Services
The Downtown Women’s Center seeks a Day Center Services Coordinator to assist in the implementation of our bustling drop-in Day Center programs. DWC is seeking a highly personable, compassionate, and team-oriented person to provide direct services and operational support through a trauma-informed lens of service delivery. The Day Center Services Coordinator is integral in maintaining a safe and welcoming environment as well as assisting in the triage and linkage of participants to appropriate levels of care within DWC and in the community. This position works within a team of participants, volunteers and staff to meet the needs of anyone visiting the Center. Duties include linkage to services, coordination of activities, crisis intervention and behavioral modification, volunteer and intern management, and data tracking and analysis of service utilization. The Day Center Services Coordinator will coach and supervise participants, volunteers and interns; will work closely with staff members across departments; and reports directly to the Day Center Program Manager.
- Support in managing daily Day Center operations, including implementation and oversight of activities and ensuring the Center is welcoming and set up for regular operations
- Work within a team to provide direct services to 200+ participants daily, including sign-up for case management, referrals, and other basic needs such as showers, hygiene products, clothing, and food
- Maintain a calm and safe environment with an emphasis on trauma-informed care and wellness planning: respond to crisis effectively, address behavioral issues, and follow-up with safety concerns and wellness planning
- Create individual wellness plans that address each clients’ needs and gals, identify and provide needed resources and referrals when clients are in need of more intensive support.
- Provide oversight of fun enrichment activities and outings and support Peer Leadership enrichment activities
- Support the enhancement and coordination of Day Center, procedures, and services
- Manage data tracking system and provide quality assurance to data compilation, storage, and disposal processes
- Work to effectively meet clients’ needs and resolve individual barriers through follow-up, advocacy and collaboration with DWC staff and other community service providers
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to requests from community members and staff
- Support with training Day Center Volunteers
- Ensure in-kind donations are accessed and utilized within the Day Center and through regular distribution to participants; assist with organization of these resources
- Develop and maintain relationships with participants, staff, local service providers, donors, and other stakeholders to enhance the work of the organization
- Provide regular, written reports to supervisor and additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience with similar population
- Direct service experience with disadvantaged populations and/or history of employment in customer service. Experience in a multi-service agency a plus
- Knowledge of issues related to women’s poverty, homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage a diverse group of participants, interns and volunteers
- Ability to exercise and model good judgment, especially in crisis situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and set and meet goals and deadlines
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English strongly preferred
Schedule: Hours vary ability to work daytime hours are required Monday-Friday 6:00 am-4:30 pm & Saturday-Sunday 7:00 am-3:30 pm.