San Pedro - Los Angeles, CA
$13.75 - $15.00 Hourly
Under general supervision, the Hygiene Program Attendant is responsible for the proper cleaning and maintenance of DWC’s restroom and shower facilities in accordance with DWC’s policies and procedures. This position will be working around high noise levels and a vulnerable population. The incumbent must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from participants and/or other employee contact.
- Cleans and maintains assigned facilities before, during and after operational hours. Cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, wiping/disinfecting sinks, showers and counters, cleaning mirrors, cleaning toilettes, emptying trash receptacles, etc.
- Manages the supply inventory by restocking restroom supplies as need.
- Monitors and responds to inappropriate participant behavior, including enforcing rules and restrictions, regulating participants’ actions, and requesting assistance from Security and Day Center staff if or when necessary.
- Closely monitors restroom facilities to ensure a safe operation.
- Performs and monitors restroom inspections by completing the restroom inspection checklist.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance at all times.
- Must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, and participants.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the job.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to complete basic math calculations.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to deal with participants each day in a positive, respectful, and friendly, but firm manner.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group.
- Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce DWC’s policies and procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and fire alarms.
- Able to handle minor complaints and suggestions from our participants in a calm and professional manner.
- Clean work area daily or more often, as needed.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts.
Able to safely and effectively address spills of various natures including bloodborne pathogens
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.