San Pedro 1 - Los Angeles, CA
4 Year Degree
$48,000.00 - $53,000.00 Hourly
Nonprofit - Social Services
The Donor Database Administrator will help the DWC Development team effectively cultivate and steward DWC supporters. The position will oversee all usage of the donor database and will ensure that every gift is entered correctly and that all donors receive timely acknowledgments. The ideal candidate understands the power of accurate, complete, and detailed data; appreciates finding ways to better use technology to meet needs; and enjoys continually building on her/his knowledge and expertise by implementing best practices in donor database management. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is an integral part of DWC’s Development team with access to sensitive grant, volunteer, and donor information.
- Oversee all usage of the Bloomerang donor database to track contact information, gifts, interactions, and acknowledgment for foundation, corporation, and individual donor relations.
- Process cash, check, credit card, stock, and EFT payments to DWC in compliance with IRS standards.
- Generate all acknowledgment letters for gifts received. Ensure that all donors receive an accurate and personalized acknowledgement letter within one week of their donation, adhering to IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization requirements.
- Identify all tribute gifts and send requested tribute cards to recipients weekly.
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org email and respond to all inquiries.
- Track “moves management” and engagement efforts as reported by other members of the Development team for recording in the database.
- Oversee customization of new fields, objects, formulas, page layouts and workflow rules.
- Manage donor database user roles, permissions, and group settings across the organization.
- Develop intuitive reports and dashboards to support monitoring and learning.
- Maintain data quality and integrity by creating and implementing processes and performing regular database clean up, validations, and corrections.
- Assist with coordinating the production of mailing lists for appeals and event invitations.
- Process in-kind donations and corresponding acknowledgement letters in compliance with IRS standards.
- Process and track matching gift requests, employee payroll deductions, and employee giving programs.
- Assist with conducting research on individuals, corporations, and foundations for prospect activity and maintain integrity of the data.
- Generate monthly fundraising reports and other reports as needed.
- Liaise with finance department to facilitate payment process integration and monthly reconciliation.
- Track tax-deductibility of gifts and prepare year-end statements.
- Provide training and technical assistance for database to users (both staff and volunteers).
- Create and maintain training and help materials on donor database processes and policies.
- Stay informed of new database updates, features, functionality, and implement best practices in order to guide process improvements.
- Prepare materials for distribution, such as copying, filing, mailing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer and Technical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
Required Education and Experience
2+ years of experience managing a donor database system
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
Understanding of nonprofit fund development and 501(c)3 IRS tax-exempt status
Strong ability to identify user needs, find solutions, and translate technical matters into everyday language
Excellent attention to detail
Highly organized self-starter with an ability to produce high-volume, high-quality data
An ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities, and set and meet goals and deadlines
Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills; ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Compassion and understanding of the Center’s unique approach to service provision
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Knowledge of donor database systems, preferably Bloomerang
2. Experience working within nonprofit sector