Level Experienced Job Location San Pedro 1 - Los Angeles, CA Position Type Full Time Education Level 4 Year Degree Salary Range $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 Hourly Travel Percentage None Job Shift Day Job Category Nonprofit - Social Services Description
The Development Coordinator provides administrative support to the fundraising efforts of the Development team, including working with donors and individual volunteers. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong technical skills and an interest in pursuing a career in nonprofit fund development. The Development Coordinator will assist the Development Team with day-to-day operations as well as any upcoming events or large group volunteer opportunities.
- Provide administrative support to all members of the Development team.
- Conduct individual donor prospecting and research.
- Track interactions and moves in donor database system on behalf of Director of Development, Chief Development & Communications Officer and CEO.
- Serve as a liaison with the finance department to facilitate payment process integration and monthly reconciliation
- Implement the comprehensive Acknowledgement process for all donations from individuals.
- Oversee in-kind donation process. Collect in-kind receipts, enter into database, ensure proper acknowledgement.
- Manage fundraising campaigns from creation to execution as assigned. Examples: peer-to-peer online campaign and parlor events.
- Process and track matching gift requests. Manage the Double the Donation account.
- Identify opportunities for soliciting in-kind donations through drives and specific requests, including holidays and event auctions.
- Help to manage Better Impact volunteer database. Update volunteer needs, ensure opportunities are filled, track and monitor volunteer engagement.
- Monitor the department's email account. Respond to inquiries and issues.
- Compile quarterly reports of Volunteer and Fundraising efforts as requested
- Assist with events, service days, volunteer opportunities, and other activities as needed.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to LA:Rise Donor & Volunteer Associate Trainee, administrative volunteers, and any Development interns.
- Primary liaison for Donor Appreciation events.
- Coordinate mailings from start to finish including generating mailing lists, securing materials, scheduling volunteers, managing process, and sending.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizational Skills
- Relationship Building
- Time Management
- Computer and database skills
Required Education and Experience
- 1-3 years in an administrative support role, nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter able to work independently, set and meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Proficient in Google products, including Gmail and Calendar
- Strong quantitative skills; experience managing a database and/or analyzing data, a plus
- Experience managing volunteers, a plus
- Experience with non-profit events, a plus
- Good at following systems and procedures, while also refining them to create a more efficient process
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills; ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated record as a successful team player, including the ability to develop and maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude and good sense of humor
- Compassion and understanding of the Center’s unique approach to service provision
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.