The Program Coordinator will work closely with Citi Bank partner and YPI departments to administer our “Families Save” program in Hollywood and Pico Union communities which aims to (1) teach community residents about saving and paying for college through financial literacy, and (2) increase access to asset building for low-income families. The Coordinator will teach financial literacy classes to community residents and high school students (bilingual English/Spanish), will act as liaison with local Citi branch to open matched savings accounts, and will assist in capturing participants’ saving behaviors. He/she will also help recruit community residents to participant in the program, and connect with community based organizations to increase program awareness.
- Conduct financial coaching sessions at the Hollywood FamilySource Center.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local schools in order to teach financial literacy classes on campus.
- Continuously evaluate and monitor how well curriculum, financial literacy workshops, and activities meet participants needs.
- Modify or develop brochures, flyers, and resources as needed.
- Utilize CitiBusiness Online to monitor accounts, create account files, and administer deposits.
- Track account data via Outcome Tracker data system.
- Participate in community events and conduct outreach to recruit participants to the program.
- Assist in meeting overall program objectives of providing financial education to residents and helping individuals open a savings account with local Citi Bank branch.
- Assist with tax preparation services during tax season after passing an IRS certification exam (training provided); promote the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Care Tax Credit to area residents.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to attract volunteers to support YPI’s free tax preparation program by preparing taxes for community residents.
- Assist with program reports and other administrative duties as needed.
- High school or GED required, college degree and/or college-level course in finance or social services strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and skill sets related to finance and banking institutions
- Proficient abilities in Microsoft Office programs in both Pc and Macintosh platforms
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work under little supervision
- Punctuality and good attendance critical
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to multi-task, deadline-oriented
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior beginning employment.
- Must present proof of being free of active Tuberculosis (TB) prior to beginning employment. All TB clearances must be conducted no more than 60 days prior to start of employment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.