Under the supervision of the Director of Learning & Development, the Training & Development Manager will manage / have oversight of the Training & Development Department while providing high quality trainings and on-going professional development to all agency staff. Training & Development Manager will supervise Training Project Specialists which will provide support in the day-to-day professional development of all programs. Training & Development Manager, along with the team of Training Project Specialists will provide technical assistance and provide professional development training to all staff within the 11 departments under the Youth Policy Institute umbrella.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure high quality trainings and on-going professional development for agency staff are being implemented.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs within an organization.
- Supervise technical training for staff.
- Supervise, manage, and coach Training Project Specialist team.
- Conduct orientation sessions.
- Create brochures and training materials.
- Develop multimedia visual aids / presentations and create training modules based on staff development need.
- Create testing and evaluation processes.
- Research staff training opportunities which will suite program training needs and staff capacity.
- Ordering training supplies, materials, refreshments and snacks for trainings.
- Evaluate needs of organization and plan training programs accordingly. (Conduct Staff Development Needs Assessment).
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Create training schedule for the year and implement it in a timely manner.
- Book and conduct trainings that are relevant to agency staff.
- Recruit external trainers that provide training relevant to the professional development need.
- Create and implement training track system. Training track system will provide the essential professional development trainings specific to the scope of work of the employee.
- Conduct, organize on-going staff development trainings via the Training Track System, on – Demand department based training system, monthly compliance trainings, and elective trainings.
- Meet with program directors on a bi-monthly basis.
- Create accurate record-keeping system of all trainings and staff that complete them.
- Implement compliance trainings across the agency.
- Conduct program observations to assess training needs.
- Attend monthly department meetings.
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets.
- Organize and lead the professional development training committee during the planning stages and implementation of the yearly YPI Staff Development Conference.
- Communicate challenges effectively in a professional and timely manner with the Director of Human Resources and Operations.
- other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 4 years’ experience working in training facilitation and offering agency wide professional development.
- Candidate must have superb attention to detail as well as strong organizational skills.
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to multitask and handle various projects and responsibilities.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills/ ability to prioritize and deliver planned results in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive communicator, problem solver and goal oriented.
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Advance computer skills in MS Office and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of Marketing Resources.
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as school administrators and District personnel and Program Directors.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Reliable transportation.
- Flexible to changing priorities needs of staff and management.
- Bilingual—English and Spanish a plus.