Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Outreach Coordinator will work to recruit, screen, assess, and schedule participants for YouthSource Center programming and services in the Central Los Angeles areas. The Outreach Coordinator works closely with all YouthSource & Education Program Managers and the Intake Coordinator to meet enrollment goals. The Outreach Coordinator will participate in various recruitment opportunities throughout Los Angeles to include but not limited to attending job and resource fairs and partnership meetings to promote center offerings. Additionally, the Outreach Coordinator will seek out strategic partners for continued recruitment of participants for center services. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate participation in and representation at community events and meetings to recruit clients, identify resources, and build partnerships.
- Perform outreach duties as needed, including visiting partner organizations, canvassing communities, mailers, social media, etc.
- Effectively communicate the YouthSource Center services and programming and the YouthSource Centers model to support participant goals around education, employment, and social-emotional well being.
- Partner with all Program Managers to create recruitment and enrollment strategies and benchmarks to ensure enrollment goals per program.
- Capture, document and track all client recruitment activities in program/department database.
- Track outreach outcomes in support of program goals and strategic growth plan.
- Conduct regular YouthSource Center orientations to communicate program services, eligibility to interested participants.
- Partner with Intake Specialist and Pupil Service Advisor to organize and conduct onboarding activities for eligible participants.
- High school diploma required or GED completed. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in community, social, public school system and/or volunteer work.
- 2 years experience working in the non-profit field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of being free of active Tuberculosis (TB) prior to beginning employment. All TB clearances must be conducted no more than 60 days prior to start of employment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.