The incumbent Contracts Specialist is a motivated, team-oriented individual responsible for overseeing contract execution, implementation, reporting, and close-out processes. The Contract Specialist works closely with the Development, Finance, Program, and R & E teams to ensure compliance with memorandums of understandings and contracts.
- Oversee the contract process and lifecycle and be responsible for identifying risks and other areas of the contract that may need further review.
- Draft contractual agreements that mitigate risk and accommodate to state, federal, program, and grant requirements.
- Ensure contract review, approval, execution and processing in accordance to Compliance Departmental policies, guidelines and other mandated regulations.
- Assist Compliance Manager with administrative support to help process completed contracts.
- Work closely with members of finance, IT, Legal, HR and end-users throughout the contracting process.
- Track the timely monitoring and oversight of contractual actions and required correspondence between involved stakeholders
- Prepare, maintain, organize and file documents related to contractual actions and other confidential documents to the shared drive and system of record.
- Process signed contracts, save in shared drive and update contract system of record and ensures compliance.
- Conduct research to provide guidance, interpretation, and advice regarding contractual aspects.
- Support with contract audits.
- Special projects as needed.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum three years related experience in contract development, research, and writing required.
- Experience managing contracts, including obtaining approvals, working with multiple internal and external constituents, and negotiating contract amendments
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, critical-thinking, and prioritization skills
- Excellent, proactive interpersonal communication skills
- Performance-driven attitude, with high standards and a proven ability to achieve established goals and milestones
- Proven ability to work independently with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to codify ideas into coherently written text.
- Knowledge of state, federal and city grant guidelines. Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- MS Office and database management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and follow-up skills.
- Perform well under pressure; deadline driven.
- Experience with government contracts.
- Knowledge of federal funding sources, competitive bid processes, and RFP’s.
- Non-profit experience.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.