We are seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial Social Media Specialist with a knack for identifying and telling compelling stories and engaging audiences online. A member of the Marketing & Communications team, this hire will work collaboratively to create and implement a comprehensive online strategy that is focused on cross-channel content (e.g. website, blog, and social media) and stakeholder engagement and action (e.g. public awareness campaigns).
- Partner with Director of Communications to develop a social media strategy intended to drive deeper audience engagement and spur meaningful action, leveraging Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social channels.
- Own the production of all online content for our static website pages, as well as write or coordinate the writing of original content, stories and visuals in partnership with our program staff, fundraising teams and external partners for various distribution channels.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for online content based on key marketing, programmatic and fundraising activities, campaigns & initiatives.
- Develop performance metrics to assess the scope, reach, and impact of our social media presence, and provide regular, actionable reports—leveraging Google Analytics to make modifications based on data.
- Implement and manage Google Ad Words campaign(s).
- Keep on top of trends in the digital space and make recommendations for new, innovative and cost-effective ways to engage our audience and enhance our digital presence.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of work experience in social media marketing.
- Strong copywriting, editing and storytelling skills, including demonstrated experience producing original content and curating content from other sources.
- Proficient using content management systems, social media publishing, and website analytic tools.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships, particularly across a distributed organization, and respond to the priorities of various internal teams.
- Mission-driven team player with a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
- Photography and videography experience is also a plus.