Working Title : Associate Directdor of Development, Geffen Academy at UCLA
Department : Development - Geffen Academy at UCLA
Reports To : Director of Development, Geffen Academy at UCLA
Supervises : N/A
Salary : Up to $75,000
Payroll Classification: ADVANCEMENT OFFICER II
Req Nbr : 27627
Geffen Academy at UCLA is an inclusive and challenging college-preparatory school for students in grades 6-12 aligned with the science of adolescence. It is a place where knowing where we've been and where we want to go and having the confidence to take the next steps sets the environment to help children discover themselves and not only look forward but lead forward. Philanthropy built the Academy and the ability to continue raising funds opens countless opportunities for success of the children the Geffen Academy serves.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Development is a member of the Geffen Academy at UCLA frontline fundraising team. Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Associate Director's principal role will be establishing goals, objectives, strategies and activities for a program to secure annual gifts to the Geffen Academy Fund. He/She will strategize and oversee execution of a variety of donor and volunteer cultivation strategies with a focus on the Geffen Academy Fund; strategically execute written and face-to-face solicitations; and organize and conduct phone calls and personal visits of donors and donor prospects as well as coordinate strategies for continuous stewardship activities through a wide spectrum of methods of engagement. The Associate Director will also be responsible for the oversight and execution of data analysis and strategic reporting of the overall Geffen Academy Fund results. The Associate Director of Development will also aid in the design and implementation of fundraising programs that broaden the base of annual philanthropic gift support from current parents and friends of the Geffen Academy and build a pipeline for migrating donors to major and planned gifts. The Associate Director will help develop strategies for solicitation and stewardship schedules. This individual will also manage parent volunteer solicitors for the Geffen Academy Fund.
1. Two or more years of demonstrated experience as a professional development officer or prior professional experience in a related field such as sales, marketing or business development in a secondary school or higher education setting or at an institution of equivalent scope and nature.
2. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a large variety of individuals, including Annual Giving donors and prospects, patients and their families, volunteers, faculty, and staff, to direct their efforts toward agreed-upon goals and objectives.
3. Communication skills to effectively express both orally and in writing the mission of the University and of the Geffen Academy of UCLA.
4. Ability to conceptualize and implement broad ranging and specific annual gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
5. Ability to write, evaluate, and edit correspondence, proposals, and other solicitation materials.
6. Strong organizational skills, including a commitment to and ability to develop and execute both strategic and operational planning.
7. The ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting.
8. Judgment, decisiveness, optimism, resilience, energy, creativity, agility, and a good sense of humor.
9. Ability to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate the efforts of volunteers.
10. Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
11. Understanding of secondary school environment is preferred.
12. Experience initiating and working with web-based fundraising products and programs is preferred.
13. Knowledge of prospect research techniques to identify potential major and planned gift donors is preferred.
14. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
** This is a contract position. **
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment background check.