The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in LA, it's also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. The LA area is home to the second largest YMCA Association in the US, with 26 branches, 2 camps and over 50 child care sites. The LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passions, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
The Training & Risk Management Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support of the Training and Risk Management teams. This individual will support the mission of the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles by taking a lead role in creating a positive work environment that supports employee engagement and rewards employee excellence. This position will also provide department support, relevant data and timely follow up to all branch teams and assist with other Training and Risk Management functions.
Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality are crucial components of this position. This position requires involvement with confidential and sensitive information, necessitating exceptional use of discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy. The Coordinator must maintain high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while remaining driven and focused.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in a variety of fields, such as Human Resources, Risk Management/Safety, Compliance, Training or Organizational Development.
- Diligent with an analytical and inquisitive mind.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong self-awareness and flexibility.Ability to demonstrate professionalism while working with staff at all organizational levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to demonstrate competence using various platforms or software systems.
- Desire to grow and learn.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Articulates ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience.
- Assist in the administration of Live Scan (background check) results and other pre-hire and compliance processes.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate journal entries and invoice processing.
- Conduct Annual Safety Accreditations.
- Assist with Incident follow up.
- Provide general administrative support to Risk Management team, which consists of Vice President of Risk Management and Risk Management Specialist.
- Conduct branch, program and child care site visits.
- Assist in conducting Employee Safety Orientations.
- Process subpoenas.
- Collaborate with all staff to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations.
- Exude determination.
- Maintain positive working relationships.
Training and Leadership Development
- Assist in the coordination of in-house courses by running and printing the roster, sending confirmations to participants, communicating with local training contacts and closing the course in the HR system.
- Monitor training supplies and order items as needed.
- Ensure timely responses to requests for assistance regarding vacancy announcements.
- Assist with planning and coordination of employee recognition and leadership events.
- Assist with scheduling of phone screens and panel interviews, as needed.
- Assist with compliance management of New Employee Orientation completions and provide support to branch staff as needed.
- Assist Association employees in training enrollments and cancellations, as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate journal entries as needed for course and/or event participants.
- Prepare manuals and training materials for internal trainings.
- Assist in communicating with external trainers prior to each course to ensure that the necessary supplies, equipment and materials have been arranged.
- Ensure that the Association Event Tool is accurate and that all changes are reflected and communicated to participants in a timely manner.
- Prepare personal expense reports, including maintaining receipts and preparing mileage reports.
- Process invoices (Risk Management, Training, Legal, purchases, food, etc). This includes the approval/signature process as well as processing via PaperSave.
- Support the HR and Risk Management Teams to make sure that the Association is in compliance with all legal and Association-mandated requirements.
- Foster positive working relationships with branch staff and management.
- Ensure that all branch staff inquiries are answered promptly (within 24 hours). Be professional and courteous at all times, demonstrating excellent customer service skills. Follow up in a timely manner, as needed.